• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How are my books insured when they’re returned to me?

4 posts in this topic

I looked on CGC's FAQS and this is what I found:

CGC does not provide insurance for books shipped from its facility to you. CGC urges you to investigate and secure proper means of insuring your books against damage in transit. See policy below:

LOSS OR DAMAGE IN TRANSIT POLICY
Due to their fragile nature, comic books can be damaged while in a CGC holder if improperly handled, stored or displayed. By using CGC’s products / services, you agree that CGC is not responsible for any damage or loss whatsoever occurring during transit to or from CGC’s facility, or thereafter. Any responsibility for risk of damage or loss during transit and thereafter falls to the customer. Unless CGC receives special delivery instructions from you, CGC will return books to you by the carrier of its choice. Note: CGC Dealers are to pick up your books directly at CGC’s facility.

This makes no sense. How am I supposed to insure my comic book in transit back from CGC to me? When I'm checking out for a submission, I see the following options. How much is USPS insuring my package on the way back? How the hell am I supposed to ensure something over $100? I'm not gonna pay to get this graded and pressed if it's a risk, like what kind of is that? Am I missing something?

insure cgc.JPG