• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hulk 162 cgc 9.8! ASM #129 9.8!

12 posts in this topic

That is one of the worst covers I've ever seen. I'm not even close to being an artist, but it seems to me that the art on that cover could be bettered by anyone with a new set of Crayolas.

And how's about that beautiful spine!! From almost centered on top to a full quarter inch of the back cover wrapped around the bottom. Add the fact that it is OW pages, and how on Earth does it grade a 9.8? Even if every other feature of the book were absolutely flawless, I would take at least .2 off for the OW pages and another .2 (or much more) for the spine roll. I would never make this better than a 9.4. I have 9.4's that should be 10 next to this !

i hear ya but it should reach 40x guide easy enough at the rate it has been going. i think it is an undervalued book but my 141 cgc 9.4 looks so much better than this. A 9.8 bronze or silver age book should be killer IMO.

I told him? Hell...you know about some new 9.8s!

I certainly do... but I'm still interested in gman's info.

PS gman, I sold that Spidey for over three times what you offered tongue.gif

...that offer was borderline insulting wink.giftongue.gif

PS gman, I sold that Spidey for over three times what you offered

did u sell it to doctor steve?

...that offer was borderline insulting

like i care..... grin.gif