• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Facebook marketplace scammer
1 1

24 posts in this topic

I finally decided to move onto the 2000’s and sign up for a face book account I made my 1st purchase on their marketplace and saw a lot of somewhere around 120 or so books that seller was looking for 60$ sellers name there was David Leonard and address was listed as Fulton ny Collection included the last 8 issues of the 2000-2004 Harley Quinn series.

This  seemed like a good deal and David the seller was very quick to respond.He seemed to be willing to mail the books but seemed like he was a bit unsure of how to complete. I suggested PayPal or perhaps a personal ck. He responded he did not have a PayPal account and felt like I would be able to stop payment on a personal ck so he suggested cash app.

we communicated several times  that day he sent me a pic of the Harley books and he assured me if he had the cash that night he could get the books out in the am and he would send me tracking once the books were in the mail.
i signed up with cash app and did as he requested forwarded (rickyjamesfoo) aka david $60 for the books and $28 for shipping 2 priority flat tate boxes.(figuring the great communication between us and the not too large of an amount to trust this seller.

As you can guess that was our last communication and in the last 48hrs. I have texted him several x’s without any response from David. Didn’t take me long to figure out I’d been scammed by this seller.

There is still a small possibility that I can file a claim with my bank debit account.

Just wanted to put this out there as a cautionary tale of not jumping into something without recourse of getting your money back regardless of sincerity of the seller. Do not rush into things use your head regardless of how sincere someone sounds. Also if you have an opportunity to deal with David Leonard from Fulton ny stay away. 

Edited by anstettoman

3 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

That!

"Honey-some guy is at the door-he says he's from 'Jolly Comics'-"

On the few things I have ever listed on Facebook I have specifically stated that I will not accept PayPal Friends and Family or Venmo.   It's the cost of doing business. I steer clear of anyone that demands friends and family and openly chastise people who want me to add a fee. 

shrug... 

Edited by Buzzetta

Facebook is a solid place to buy/sell and you will come across some stellar deals from time to time. Just be sure to always protect yourself. PayPal goods and services 100% of the time or walk away. There are a ton of genuine buyers/sellers who are part of various comic groups. Don't let one bad apple spoil it for you. 

You are absolutely correct. I should have known lesson learned!   in addition to $rickyjamesfoo, David Leonard of Fulton NY on Facebook market place   His gmail acct is earltippet@gmail.com   

if anyone knows of this d bag here personally they should pick their friends a bit better 

just wanted to get another cautionary tale out there I have to get back to that foreign prince that has 5 million in gold that he wants to ship to me and it’s only $88 via cash app