• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Piece of debris between comic and well/sleeve?

3 posts in this topic

Hey there, wasn’t sure where to post this, so apologies if this is the wrong spot. Purchased a 9.8 XMen 135 SS with Stan’s signature, and when I got it, there appears to be a piece of plastic, I would assume the same type used for the holder, between the holder and comic. Shook the case, slipped a thin piece of paper in, etc, to see if I could get it to move and it doesn’t, so it seems like it’s actually between the comic and holder, and not the holder and slab. 

Is there any danger of this damaging the comic? Ideally want to have Claremont sign it at some point, so if it seems like the comic should be fine, I don’t mind holding off until I can get it signed, rather than sending it in to be reslabbed. Any info would be appreciated, thanks! 

95C66F44-3AEC-4469-97BC-78B394EA255B.jpeg

B089D143-F818-410C-ABF6-65B4599ED0E9.jpeg

Edited by Dbb312

I would agree I just wouldn't move it around much and lay it flat until your ready to crack it to get the other signature.