• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoM covers. Yuck.

14 posts in this topic

Am I the only one who doesn't really like these. For those of us who were on the fence about HoM and who've not bought since #1, the covers do nothing to entice me into buying. The painting is SUBpar. Too abstract. Maybe it would work on a trading card

In fact I haven't been buying any HoM related books. 893whatthe.gif

Am I the only one who doesn't really like these. For those of us who were on the fence about HoM and who've not bought since #1, the covers do nothing to entice me into buying. The painting is SUBpar. Too abstract. Maybe it would work on a trading card

In fact I haven't been buying any HoM related books. 893whatthe.gif

headbang.gif

I'm not liking the regular covers either, but these are my readers. I pick up the variant covers, (not the reprint/2nd print sketch ones, but the retailer incentive ones) and I like the art on those better...

Ditto. I don't care what the damn front cover looks like. I'm buying them to read them, not to ooo and ahhh at covers.

Some of the variant covers have been quite well done. The Scarlet Witch and Ms. Marvel covers were very good. DIdn't think much of the Cassaday one.

Ribic is an outstanding artist but the wrong man for the job as his paintings are quite muted (but they were perfect for Loki and the man was born to eventually do Conan paintings). Speaking of lame Ribic covers, what about the variant cover to Ghost Rider #1?

ghostribic.jpg

L-A-M-E.

Especially compared to the dynamic Clayton Crain regular cover:

ghostcrain.jpg

Some of the variant covers have been quite well done. The Scarlet Witch and Ms. Marvel covers were very good. DIdn't think much of the Cassaday one.

Ribic is an outstanding artist but the wrong man for the job as his paintings are quite muted (but they were perfect for Loki and the man was born to eventually do Conan paintings). Speaking of lame Ribic covers, what about the variant cover to Ghost Rider #1?

ghostribic.jpg

L-A-M-E.

Especially compared to the dynamic Clayton Crain regular cover:

ghostcrain.jpg

When does that come out again? I can't miss that.