• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK 162 cgc 9.8

60 posts in this topic

Since Bob doesn't do enough self promotion I thought I would help out! Anyone else see this book on ebay? How about we have a contest. I will personally send the winner a valuable Hulk comic between the issues of 120 and 179 - just for the heck of it. To win, you have to name the winner and be within $50 of the closing price. I will put in my own guess - winner will be either ComicLink, Comgeek or Slayersboy aka Idealcollectibles and price will be $1200. As with most of these ultrahigh grade gems I am betting some book flipping entrepeneur will pay an insane price merely to try to sell it for more just before the movie.

Hey that's 3 guesses and you can't win your own book... grin.gif

AK: I don't think it will be JE... I bought the 9.6 double cover from him and he only bought it to use in a trade with someone that needed the book... then decided he didn't.

Winner: BB13 at $1113.13 (nahh... only if it was nicely centered)

Real Winner: since the 9.6 was jacked up because JE needed it... I was the only dope who was willing to pay more than $500... I'm now thinking a little lower than $1,000 due in part to the offset at the spine ($961.01) and a surprise winner.

I'm sure that makes me ineligible, but that's my guess.

"AK: I don't think it will be JE... I bought the 9.6 double cover from him and he only bought it to use in a trade with someone that needed the book... then decided he didn't. "

I see. It was that auction, and auctions like this that made me think otherwise:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75&item=2155811623

You're probably right about the off-center thing keeping the price down. I just figured that IF JE was interested, and so was comiclink, there might be a war.

I had been reading about the new company that wants to compete with CGC. But you have given me a better idea. I will set up an empire to compete with the whole darned bunch of them! It will be like subsidiaries of a mega-comic book conglomerate like ADM or something! I will rule the comic book world! My wife will love it.

How about Beanie babies? laugh.gif If you offer those I might be able to stop by to join up on my way to Ft. Lauderdale next month. See, that way, I can tell the old lady it's all about the little furry guys, but we'll both know it's about the Hulks! I'm still trying to convince her San Diego is a great place to visit during the summer...