• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM World of Mystery #6 - April 1957

6 posts in this topic

This is one of about 8 books that I found over the years, not all at once though, at antique stores that I purchased. Seems like most antique store books are 70's era and very well worn. But I digress.
Cover has a fair amount of creasing, with decent gloss. The main defects seems to be the top edge on the front, and to a greater degree the top edge on the back cover.
There is small amount of oxidation on the back cover, along with some browning of the inside cover. There are only 10 books in the census, and the book sports a cover by
Carl Burgos. All help is appreciated.

scan0075.jpg

scan0076.jpg

WOM_6_edge.jpg

WOM_6_insidecvr.jpg

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

There's probably just enough chipping on the back to hold it to 3.5, but it might squeak out a 4.0. Never seen that one!

It's definitely a book that doesn't show up for sale very often. Others in this series are seen more frequently, except for issue #1.

I noticed that a chip showed up on the front and back cover scan. I'm not sure where that came from, so I re-scanned the front and back cover. hm

scan0080.jpg

scan0081.jpg