• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about submission

8 posts in this topic

Thanks for taking to time to check this out.

i have a comic that shipped with a “additional sketch” included. I am thinking of having it slabbed but don’t know if I should. Would I submit the comic as the comic the artwork as the artwork ? Would I do better simply keeping it like it

7A3B4EB2-E971-40A0-B5A0-3661DEC139B7.jpeg

90DCACC6-BF55-46BA-97BD-828F8BBA844C.jpeg

23 hours ago, Rshellhouse said:

i have a comic that shipped with a “additional sketch” included. I am thinking of having it slabbed but don’t know if I should. Would I submit the comic as the comic the artwork as the artwork ? Would I do better simply keeping it like it

Dont understand what youre asking.

"Would I submit the comic as the comic the artwork as the artwork": What else would you do if you wanted both slabbed?

"Would I do better simply keeping it like it": Better in what sense?

Should note that CGC doesnt accept certificates of authenticity (COA) so the comic would get graded with a green label. You can read more about labels here https://www.cgccomics.com/comic-grading/labels/

Provide more details on what youre looking to accomplish so more people might be able to help out.

Ok,

I am aware of the label situation as most of my comics were signed in the late 80’s early 90’s and have COA’s and not verified signatures that they will come green labeled. 

Let me see if I can clarify my question.  The comic I posted has three separate pieces inside the original Mylar. I know I would remove and keep the COA. I did not know if CGC would encapsulate the included original artwork inside the slab with the comic if I included it as well or would it have to be slabbed separately if I wanted it protected.  Is it better to have the two pieces slabbed separately if that is what is required ie they will not slab the artwork with the comic,if I wanted to sell it down the road or simply keep the three pieces in the original Mylar and not worry about slabbing any of them. I could also slab the comic and leave the artwork in the Mylar with the COA.

I hope that helps clarify what I was trying to get assistance with, I am not sure of the right terms or in some cases question to ask. 

Much clearer, thanks!

Like mentioned above CGC will not encapsulate items with comics. They do however have an art sleeve you can use to preserve the art, like the picture attached. Since it is part of SS I dont know if your unwitnessed COA item will be eligible. You might have to call/email them directly about that.

As for selling down the road, personally Im not a fan of green labels with or without COAs so cant speak to the general demand or value.

image.png.df580bcb746bab9f8512c71b25e262f0.png

1 hour ago, Avi said:

Much clearer, thanks!

Like mentioned above CGC will not encapsulate items with comics. They do however have an art sleeve you can use to preserve the art, like the picture attached. Since it is part of SS I dont know if your unwitnessed COA item will be eligible. You might have to call/email them directly about that.

As for selling down the road, personally Im not a fan of green labels with or without COAs so cant speak to the general demand or value.

image.png.df580bcb746bab9f8512c71b25e262f0.png

The problem is I have a large collection of Stephen Hughes signed stuff and Yellow label didn’t exist before he passed . :-(  

1 hour ago, Rshellhouse said:

Yes, wrong terminology .

1 hour ago, FiveForFighting said:

But it makes a BIG difference. I don't see any reason to slab a print.

CGC does have a service to "slab" posters so a print is not much of a stretch.

To each their own.