• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SUNDAX PIX religous comics any info??

5 posts in this topic

I got a slew of these books at a flea market. They average F+ condition, and range from the later 50s through early 70s. I dont know much about the books, but was surprised to see them listed in Overstreet up to the 60s. For some reason they are not listed after the 60s. Possibly because the format change made Sunday Pix into more of a magazine than a "comic". The art, however, is really nice, and Ive actually enjoyed reading through them. I am wondering if anyone has in other info on these books. Is there any demand for them in the comic world?? Ebay completed auctions revealed nothing. Thanks for your help!

I got a slew of these books at a flea market. They average F+ condition, and range from the later 50s through early 70s. I dont know much about the books, but was surprised to see them listed in Overstreet up to the 60s. For some reason they are not listed after the 60s. Possibly because the format change made Sunday Pix into more of a magazine than a "comic". The art, however, is really nice, and Ive actually enjoyed reading through them. I am wondering if anyone has in other info on these books. Is there any demand for them in the comic world?? Ebay completed auctions revealed nothing. Thanks for your help!

Dont know about "Sunday Pix" but i picked up a Pope John Paul III comic at church in the early 80's. It had a $1.50 cover price but did not give up the cash. It was one of those "recommended" donations for the comic.

I think have been punished for that indescression ten fold over the last 30 years.

I need to go give the church its due...

Elvis

As far as I know they changed from comic to magazine format. That may be why OS doesn't list them after '64. That was around the time of the change. Do you have any of the mags? If so, what are they like?

The demand for religiose type comics is there only for certain issues and high grades. Thats kind of how TREASURE CHEST are. You have to remember those SUNDAY PIX were only gotten by mail subscription. That was the only way the original owner was able to get them. Not many comics sent through the mail end up in decent shape. So any nice copies would probably sell well for you. I don't collect SUNDAY PIX. Right now I'm trying to complete a high grade collection of TREASURE CHEST's. Doin' pretty well at it so far. Its just gonna take some time.

One other thing. If I remember right. There are a few issues that had other cartoon characters guest star in them. DENNIS THE MEANACE, PEANUTS, stuff like that. So I'd guess any collectors of them would be interested in those issues.