• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PRESSING

6 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm thinking about starting to grade some comics I believe are valuable. If in sending in for grading, and I want to have pressing done, what is the cost for grading and pressing, and is it that noted on the actual top of the cover where your grade is? Hope I'm making sense. Thank you!

18 hours ago, Newtsqueensy said:

Hello! I'm thinking about starting to grade some comics I believe are valuable. If in sending in for grading, and I want to have pressing done, what is the cost for grading and pressing, and is it that noted on the actual top of the cover where your grade is? Hope I'm making sense. Thank you!

pressing is not noted on the slab or anywhere.. most people now just assume the book has been pressed unless you can see that the book has lots of ripples or bends which could indicate it has not been pressed and if it was and still has those bends the person didn't do a good job. 

Welcome to the boards. 

As for pricing it varies depending on the grading tier and pressing tier the book falls in. you can go to CGC website to get a guide on fee's 

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc/

37 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

pressing is not noted on the slab or anywhere.. most people now just assume the book has been pressed unless you can see that the book has lots of ripples or bends which could indicate it has not been pressed and if it was and still has those bends the person didn't do a good job. 

Welcome to the boards. 

As for pricing it varies depending on the grading tier and pressing tier the book falls in. you can go to CGC website to get a guide on fee's 

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc/

I second all this info!

Check the Cgc website, then if necessary you can contact Cgc w specific inquiries of your situation