• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,720 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2022 at 6:57 AM, thewritestuff said:

I complained to ComicLink about this. At a certain value, around $4k to $6k, they charge roughly $60 to $70+ for ONE book. It’s the same box as a $100 book. What’s worse, I live about 2 hours from CLInk, and that “express” shipping takes 2-3 days (sometimes longer) to reach me. 7/10 times the packages arrive beat to hell, and CLink promised a stronger box several times but never happens.

You were right that the dollar value is the determining factor, but the threshold is even lower than you thought:

"I see that you have not purchased anything over $1500 since 2013, which is now our value limit for shipping via Ground service. Since this order exceeds that amount, Express delivery service, which has proven to be more reliable than Ground, is required. 

Thanks,
ComicLink Sales Team"

So I'll still buy from CLink, but I'll have to make sure I stay under $1,500 in all future auctions.

On 9/14/2022 at 6:22 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

You were right that the dollar value is the determining factor, but the threshold is even lower than you thought:

"I see that you have not purchased anything over $1500 since 2013, which is now our value limit for shipping via Ground service. Since this order exceeds that amount, Express delivery service, which has proven to be more reliable than Ground, is required. 

Thanks,
ComicLink Sales Team"

So I'll still buy from CLink, but I'll have to make sure I stay under $1,500 in all future auctions.

I assume some of that fee is due to increased insurance?

On 9/14/2022 at 4:22 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

Thanks,
ComicLink Sales Team"

That'll show'em.

On 9/14/2022 at 1:49 PM, ThothAmon said:

Save the $20 and just set them up as an online banking payee. Ez pz. As a $15.75 slab shipper on eBay myself I do think Clink is overcharging now for shipping. Seems the industry standard. Here are my winnings just arrived. 

8164CEA9-89CB-4385-9188-19718E67D802.jpeg

F7021277-3E2A-4194-87C6-73B8B1E682BC.jpeg

If I did that my wife could see how much I spend on Comiclink which would cost me a lot more than $20 :shiftyeyes:

On 9/30/2022 at 12:07 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Will this thread count for Focused Auctions too? hm

A little show-and-tell maybe? The October Focused starts in two weeks... :popcorn:

Golden Age Comic Listings Link

Arrow3.jpg

It's a great book, but I'm surprised that a book with a married cover would get a conserved label rather than a green label.

On 10/1/2022 at 6:18 PM, Forbush-Man said:

That was interesting to me too. 

Pretty common to do so and I've done it with a few of my books already for Conservation, as it also matters how well the married page was applied to the book. I much prefer and agree with married pages/covers being under a Conservation label as they do structurally matter to the integrity of a book and is still clearly noted on the labels (and in the end they are technically original materials from that run of the book, not like foreign pieces later added of a different year or composition in inks/pulp).

On 9/30/2022 at 12:07 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Will this thread count for Focused Auctions too? hm

A little show-and-tell maybe? The October Focused starts in two weeks... :popcorn:

Golden Age Comic Listings Link

Arrow3.jpg

I was lucky many years ago to get a raw copy one tough book in decent condition :smile:

On 10/2/2022 at 8:14 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Pretty common to do so and I've done it with a few of my books already for Conservation, as it also matters how well the married page was applied to the book. I much prefer and agree with married pages/covers being under a Conservation label as they do structurally matter to the integrity of a book and is still clearly noted on the labels (and in the end they are technically original materials from that run of the book, not like foreign pieces later added of a different year or composition in inks/pulp).

Have you ever seen a split grade before? This one is split between moderate/Extensive, I haven't seen that before. I got this one with restoration disclosed from John Berk, it was an extra copy he was nice enough to offer me.  With Centaurs my collecting view is/was get what you can, upgrade & flip later.  Some of these books are good trade bait with other Centaur collector's looking to plug a hole in their collections.  PLOD's are not viewed so negatively when they're scarce to rare comics; they make nice place holders. 

Aman7.jpg

Edited by Forbush-Man