• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,721 posts in this topic

This one is one of the bigger books in the NOVEMBER FEATURED AUCTION, but thought some of you would like to see it early.

Amazing-Man Comics #22 with the classic Green Gorilla's with Nazi Swastika headbands (and a damsel in a very unflattering & compromising pose... :blush:) Got this one a long time ago from a PAL of mine. 

AmazingManComics22.jpg

Edited by Forbush-Man

On 10/5/2022 at 3:13 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, well, well.................an even tougher book with only 5 graded copies in total as compared to the above Comic Pages which had 7 Universal plus another restored copy according to the current Population Census Report.  (thumbsu

Only reason I remember this book is that I believe @G.A.tor stating in one of his posts from a few years ago that this was the last Centaur book he needed to complete his Centaur run at the time.  :takeit:  :applause:

Good luck, hope you snag your targets.

On 10/5/2022 at 7:51 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Pretty soon, I think I’ll be changing the title of this thread to “Forbush-Man’s fabulously delightful collection of comics for sale on ComicLink”.

Aw, I wouldn't change it...My time is running short with the majority of books in by the November auction.  I may go back through my collection and see if there's anything else G.A. I'm willing to let go, might have a few, but nothing like this. Just giving them a proper send off... :smile:

Edited by Forbush-Man

On 10/4/2022 at 6:11 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Plan your exit while your young.  This is phase one for me, most of my S.A. collection goes in phase two.  Phase three will be letting go of the few I keep until then. (thumbsu

Like most comic book collectors (unlike me though :bigsmile:), I imagine you SA collection must be significantly larger than your GA collection?  

I imagine you must be keeping your best books for Phase 3 which makes me wonder what books are in that grouping there.  hm

On 10/5/2022 at 7:55 AM, Forbush-Man said:

Aw, I wouldn't change it...My time is running short with the majority of books in by the November auction.  I may go back through my collection and see if there's anything else G.A. I'm willing to let go, might have a few, but nothing like this. Just giving them a proper send off... :smile:

No I was just joking, but have to commend you on the tons of golden age goodness you're throwing out into the world!

On 10/5/2022 at 9:47 AM, Forbush-Man said:

This one is one of the bigger books in the NOVEMBER FEATURED AUCTION, but thought some of you would like to see it early.

Amazing-Man Comics #22 with the classic Green Gorilla's with Nazi Swastika headbands (and a damsel in a very unflattering & compromising pose... :blush:) Got this one a long time ago from a PAL of mine. 

AmazingManComics22.jpg

Your going to hit the jackpot with that one never comes up affordable

Edited by comicjack

On 10/5/2022 at 3:13 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, well, well.................an even tougher book with only 5 graded copies in total as compared to the above Comic Pages which had 7 Universal plus another restored copy according to the current Population Census Report.  (thumbsu

Only reason I remember this book is that I believe @G.A.tor stating in one of his posts from a few years ago that this was the last Centaur book he needed to complete his Centaur run at the time.  :takeit:  :applause:

it was tough for sure

On 10/5/2022 at 8:47 AM, Forbush-Man said:

AmazingManComics22.jpg

rings a bell....

On 9/30/2022 at 9:07 AM, Forbush-Man said:

Will this thread count for Focused Auctions too? hm

A little show-and-tell maybe? The October Focused starts in two weeks... :popcorn:

Golden Age Comic Listings Link

Hey Bob;

Your link took me right to 3 later rare and HTF Ace Comics with the Phantom covers such as this one here:  :luhv:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2022oct%26session%3D2%23Item_1624962&id=1624962&itemType=0#detail

01788081670000113847654014.jpg

Would these Ace Comics also be yours since you seem to have so many rare books and it's pretty hard to beat these later Ace issues with only a mere total of 4 graded copies for Ace 145 & 146, and only 3 graded copies for the Ace 147 with the above copy being the single highest graded copy?  :takeit:

On 10/6/2022 at 9:31 PM, lou_fine said:

Hey Bob;

Your link took me right to 3 later rare and HTF Ace Comics with the Phantom covers such as this one here:  :luhv:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2022oct%26session%3D2%23Item_1624962&id=1624962&itemType=0#detail

Would these Ace Comics also be yours since you seem to have so many rare books and it's pretty hard to beat these later Ace issues with only a mere total of 4 graded copies for Ace 145 & 146, and only 3 graded copies for the Ace 147 with the above copy being the single highest graded copy?  :takeit:

So the artist was never credited? Who did the cover for this?

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 10/6/2022 at 9:31 PM, lou_fine said:

Hey Bob;

They are really nice, but they don't belong to me.  Good luck to you if you decide to pull the trigger. (thumbsu