• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature on the inside page

6 posts in this topic

It depends on the condition of the comic and your own personal views of what is ‘worth it’ and what your ultimate goals are

I saw a CLINK listing that stated CGC doesn't note an inside signature unless they believe it's real.

Does anyone know if that's accurate?

2 hours ago, Antyreal said:

Old thread, but I still think it's valid.

Thanks. Lots of good questions there, but not quite the answer.

There is an asm on clink where the seller says " JOHN ROMITA written on 1st page in pen. CGC doesn't make it a signature series unless they witness a signature. In this case, the book was signed by Romita without CGC witnessing it, but if CGC indicates the name of an artist or writer, it means they believe it is authentic. Romita, as the co-creator of the famous villain, is also the most important artist to draw Kingpin, as he did within this very important first appearance issue. So this is one cool piece of memorabilia."

I doubt that what he says is entirely accurate. I think it just technically means that someone wrote "John Romita". I don't think that they assess it beyond that.

1 hour ago, sledgehammer said:
4 hours ago, Antyreal said:

Old thread, but I still think it's valid.

Thanks. Lots of good questions there, but not quite the answer.

There is an asm on clink where the seller says " JOHN ROMITA written on 1st page in pen. CGC doesn't make it a signature series unless they witness a signature. In this case, the book was signed by Romita without CGC witnessing it, but if CGC indicates the name of an artist or writer, it means they believe it is authentic. Romita, as the co-creator of the famous villain, is also the most important artist to draw Kingpin, as he did within this very important first appearance issue. So this is one cool piece of memorabilia."

I doubt that what he says is entirely accurate. I think it just technically means that someone wrote "John Romita". I don't think that they assess it beyond that.

that would be my understanding as well.  I do think that means the signature is legible though, whereas some are less so.