• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 196
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Hello all, my first post to this group. Just started the process of selling my collection. If my scans aren't up to the task any comments would be appreciated. I scanned them on my HP G4050 flatbed scanner

Thanks for looking 

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Edited by Craigsss

8 hours ago, flashlites said:

This one is kind of tough because from the front the book looks to be about in 6-7.0 shape, but the scratched and scuffed back of the book will probably bring it down to about the 5.0 range IMO. Lets see what some of the others say.

The question is... Is that the scanner or the comic?

Front cover looks better than 7.0 to me.

Comic scuffed: 6.0 IMO.

Scanner scuffed: 7.5 IMO.

On 2/27/2020 at 11:46 PM, flashlites said:

This one is kind of tough because from the front the book looks to be about in 6-7.0 shape, but the scratched and scuffed back of the book will probably bring it down to about the 5.0 range IMO. Lets see what some of the others say.

Thank you so much for the insight to you and all. I'm obviously not familiar with the term scuffing and haven't found a page that will give me a better visual idea of this.

Do you by any chance having a reference?

Thanks again

12 hours ago, ChrispyC66 said:

I agree generally with the others for what I can see but the cover images were cropped to close. Need to see the edges and corners clearly. 

Welcome to the boards! Good luck with the collection purge :)

Thanks for  well wishes, I'll need it 9_9

23 minutes ago, Craigsss said:

Thank you so much for the insight to you and all. I'm obviously not familiar with the term scuffing and haven't found a page that will give me a better visual idea of this.

Do you by any chance having a reference?

Thanks again

"Scuff"  in the Overstreet grading guide is defined as "a light paper abrasion". (I did not know if that was actually in the grading guide until just now, thanks for making me check :)) So I take it that the scratches/scuffing on the back cover was actually on the comic and not the scanner glass?

I'm glad the others weighed in because it looks like my 5.0 grade was too low. After their input and expertise I would tend to agree even with the scratches on the back it could still be a 6.0.

Edited by flashlites

On 2/29/2020 at 12:42 PM, flashlites said:

"Scuff"  in the Overstreet grading guide is defined as "a light paper abrasion". (I did not know if that was actually in the grading guide until just now, thanks for making me check :)) So I take it that the scratches/scuffing on the back cover was actually on the comic and not the scanner glass?

I'm glad the others weighed in because it looks like my 5.0 grade was too low. After their input and expertise I would tend to agree even with the scratches on the back it could still be a 6.0.

Unfortunately the scratches are on the back cover  :(    

On 2/29/2020 at 1:59 PM, BigDaddy1 said:

Are those scratch marks on the back cover? If not, I'd say 8.0. It presents well.

Yes

On 2/27/2020 at 8:11 PM, Craigsss said:

Hello all, my first post to this group. Just started the process of selling my collection. If my scans aren't up to the task any comments would be appreciated. I scanned them on my HP G4050 flatbed scanner

Thanks for looking 

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

You're cropping them a bit tightly. I would leave a little more space around the edges and use a neutral background behind the book. Also, be careful laying your books face down on the centerfold like that.

Also, it looks like your scanner is pooping out. You're getting artifacts on the plate that resemble the ribbon cable; I've seen other HP scanners do this when they get old; it's especially noticeable over black. I highlighted the area I'm referring to:

scan2.jpg