• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green River Collection/Pedigree

79 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any information on the Green River Collection? I've been looking on the net and haven't come up with much.

A dealer who advertised in Overstreet in the early 90's bought a lot of the collection and I'm wondering if there's a complete list somewhere or if someone has that dealer's name/address.

Thanks.

hi

i believe it was jon hauser in wisconsin ,and jef hinds may have bought the collection with him

i clearly remember the debut ad in cbg in the early 90's, it was like a 1/3 ad page, and they had near full runs of marvel and quite a few dc's also

books were largely nm to nm+. some also nm/mt grades (in the ad)

Thanks for the pointer! I e-mailed both people and it turns out John Hauser was the only buyer of the Green River collection.

From his e-mail:

It originated in Spokane, Washington. Two brothers had the comics. Their dad had owned the biggest drugstore in Spokane and they took many items home including comics. It consisted of unread Marvels and DC's. Spider-man started with #1 and FF with #15 or so. There were DC runs from the same time period. There were many multiples of all the annuals too!

I'm trying to get a complete list of the Green River collection. If anyone is interested, I'll post it online here. Thanks!

Okay, I just received the Green River list from the original seller although I'm still waiting for the list from the original buyer (John Hauser). Apparently, Mr. Hauser purchased the bulk of the Green River collection which consisted of over 1000 Silver Age books. (And included ASM #1, Avengers #1, Daredevil #1, FF #48 in Mint, Strange Tales #110, and X-men #1.)

I also have the original CBG ad from March 26, 1993 so I'll scan that in and make it available shortly.

Once I get both lists, I should be able to make a definitive combined list.

(I just obtained another 70-odd books from the Green River collection which were not sold back in 1993.)

Here's Part I of what should be the definitive Green River Collection List. I have both the seller's notes and Mr. Hauser's original manifest from the 1993 sale. For the most part, the seller's grading was extremely conservative compared to the grading given by Mr. Hauser. (These are especially evident in the 2003 sales of the Green River books where the grading is given in broad ranges.)

Updated April 20:

The entire Collection Report is now online and available in PDF format.

Definitive Green River Collection List

If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader loaded, you can download it for free from http://www.adobe.com