• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction Really Shaping Up!
3 3

405 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

I don't know what to do with them, either. I think I save them out of a sense of guilt that HA went to the trouble of making them and sending them to me. So I shouldn't just throw them out, right?

That’s how I think about it but then I watch an episode of “Hoarders” and I start second guessing myself. 

16 hours ago, cstojano said:

Did I miss the standard "reserves have posted" email?

Another signature auction, another 300k Frazetta reserve. Any bets on the reserve tripping here?

None whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

Just recycle them.   They served a purpose and now the next one has arrived.  Clean house.

Can they be recycled?  They've got the glossy paper which I thought means they're not recyclable.

8 minutes ago, tth2 said:

None whatsoever.

I hope not.   A lot of these frazettas lately really are not very special.    250 or 300 might look cheap next to 5m for EQ but it’s still a 250 ask for a lower tier work

Edited by Bronty

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

The one is 17 by 22 per the auction description?   Kind of in the ballpark for most frazettas I thought?

Bit larger even, my mistaken memory, only one is small. Too bad it's the "better" one!

3 hours ago, vodou said:

Bit larger even, my mistaken memory, only one is small. Too bad it's the "better" one!

A third of the hammer goes to the Masonite company as well ;) I assume it's the girl plus 22 years of age (67 vs 89).

Edited by cstojano

6 minutes ago, cstojano said:

A third of the hammer goes to the Masonite company as well ;) I assume it's the girl plus 22 years of age (67 vs 89).

the girl is the larger one.   I like the girl better than the space scene

18 minutes ago, vodou said:

space scene is by far "better art", but boys will be boys...

the space scene does nothing for me.    IMO it shows its lack of size.   

In person, I think you'd take the girl.

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

the space scene does nothing for me.    IMO it shows its lack of size.   

In person, I think you'd take the girl.

I wouldn't. Neither. They're both rush/hacks for a paycheck. But the one is much better than the other.

1 hour ago, vodou said:

I wouldn't. Neither. They're both rush/hacks for a paycheck. But the one is much better than the other.

I was implying taking th girl over the space scene.   Not - taking the girl for what it would cost (EFF that).  

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

I was implying taking th girl over the space scene.   Not - taking the girl for what it would cost (EFF that).  

Assuming no flipping, I really wouldn't take it for more than 3 figures and toss it in the stacks.

It's just stuff, not great. Stuff...the world is flooded with that. You get a Frazetta, you want great.

25 minutes ago, vodou said:

Assuming no flipping, I really wouldn't take it for more than 3 figures and toss it in the stacks.

It's just stuff, not great. Stuff...the world is flooded with that. You get a Frazetta, you want great.

I hear you Michael.   I’d go more than that, even with no flipping, but even then it would be out of name recognition, which for me personally is the worst reason to buy art (unless flipping)!    

I’d generally rather not buy at all than buy solely due to name.

Edited by Bronty