• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

House of M question

7 posts in this topic

I'd like to read the House of M story arc.  

Can one of you in the know, direct me to the TPB or TPBs most relevant to the story.  I know marvel spreads their story arcs far and wide, but I just want the "must read" TPBs that might give me the best of the story arc.

Thanks

I used to have trades for this, and notice I said trades, as there were several books in the arc. They basically collect all the issues involved.

if you read some amazon reviews it indicates that by itself the single house of m book is underwhelming as it doesn’t show the magnitude of the changes.

if you can find them all I would do that

6 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I'd like to read the House of M story arc.  

Can one of you in the know, direct me to the TPB or TPBs most relevant to the story.  I know marvel spreads their story arcs far and wide, but I just want the "must read" TPBs that might give me the best of the story arc.

Thanks

House of M Collected editions.

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's a lot of reading there.

I am kind of looking for the "must read" House of M.  I know anytime one of these "events" happens in the Marvel universe they stamp the name of the event on EVERY comic as a money grab for more sales, when in actuality many of the comics have little to no part in the actual story arc.

18 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

That's a lot of reading there.

I am kind of looking for the "must read" House of M.  I know anytime one of these "events" happens in the Marvel universe they stamp the name of the event on EVERY comic as a money grab for more sales, when in actuality many of the comics have little to no part in the actual story arc.

Only the House of M miniseries itself deals with the main storyline.

I'd look at the list like a p

4 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

From the list of TPB's here I'd start a process of elimination.

1.  eliminate  masters of evil - which is like an epilogue with villains.

2.  Eliminate excablibur - because who gives an eff about excalibur

3.  Eliminate  World of M - just a bunch of side stories that has nothing to do with anything.  Except Black Panther, that's a good one.

4.  Eliminate Fantastic Four/Iron Man - these just aren't that good, FF has a bit more relevance to the main story if you want to know about Doom in the world.

5.  Consider Eliminating Spiderman - If you like spidey you should read it, its a good story, but has even less impact on the overall story than FF/Iron Man, but better reading.

The X-books have somewhat more impact, are probably closer to worth reading in the following order:  Mutopia X (a good picture of life), Uncanny X-Men, New Xmen

I enjoyed the Hulk book and there's some actual impact.

Which leads us to core reading:  Civil War, Avengers, and House of M.

Just read the Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novel Collection hardback of House Of M

Damn good it was too.