• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Spook Suspense and Mystery 23

10 posts in this topic

The front looks amazing. Looks like there's staining on the interior pages and some staining and minor rippling on the back cover though, so that will knock it out of the highest grades pretty quickly. I'd have to guess 4.5 give or take, though it presents way better.

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

I think 8.0 is too high given that back. 4.5 seems low. I will say a strong 6.0-6.5 only because it is hard to tell if there is staining on that back. It does look discoloured in general though. 

I hear you... I think unfortunately though the small photos are hiding a lot of flaws. This looks like interior page staining to me, plus a bit of rust from the bottom staple.

1861046904_ScreenShot2020-03-03at4_06_07PM.png.3dab40ce0bbb61383481e12cd3001948.png

Edited by Point Five

Great find!  Staple rust, if it's there, scares me the most.  It's a deal killer for me.  Gradewise though, you can still grade high mid with a little bit of rust bleed.  The water damage can limit to about 4.5 but its hard to tell how bad it is in the photos.  I'm going to   be generous and go 6.0 because the staining doesn't look too extensive, and the front looks so nice.  I'd be ok getting this as a 6.

1 hour ago, SuperApe said:

A 6.0 that looks like an 8.0 is an amazing result! Will repost if I get round to slabbing it. Thanks everyone! I've just pulled this out of the old collection after 35 years. More soon!

I'm at a 5.0 because of staining and dirty back cover.  This era and genre of comics has gotten very hot.  Please post more.