• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM TTA #11 (Grade revealed)
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Ooohhhhhh testing my skills for the grading compeitition. I will assume there are no hidden nasties inside. 

The spine has wear, staples look attached and I don't think there is a split. I would be comfortable 5.0-5.5, potentially 6.0 outright. I don't know if it can get much higher...

22 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Ooohhhhhh testing my skills for the grading compeitition. I will assume there are no hidden nasties inside. 

The spine has wear, staples look attached and I don't think there is a split. I would be comfortable 5.0-5.5, potentially 6.0 outright. I don't know if it can get much higher...

Correct, no hidden defects. 

Yes, it's all about the spine.  No spits or chips then 6.0.  With chipping (as in you can see light through the cracks when looking at spine through interior front or back cover) then I go 5.5 (assuming they're minor).  

Looks like a large stain on the BC. It most visible to the left of the “Send no Money” label in the text box and bottom left of the book. It seems to cover a little less than half the BC. If it is a stain then we could be looking at a 3.5-4.0. No stain, maybe 5.0

On 3/3/2020 at 11:17 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Looks like a large stain on the BC. It most visible to the left of the “Send no Money” label in the text box and bottom left of the book. It seems to cover a little less than half the BC. If it is a stain then we could be looking at a 3.5-4.0. No stain, maybe 5.0

You have good eyes. Unfortunately I think this was a shadow from me taking the picture. There is no stain on the back cover. I agree that if the shadow was a stain the grade would be closer to what you estimated. In the future, I will have to do a better job with taking pictures.

40 minutes ago, Motor City Rob said:

You have good eyes. Unfortunately I think this was a shadow from me taking the picture. There is no stain on the back cover. I agree that if the shadow was a stain the grade would be closer to what you estimated. In the future, I will have to do a better job with taking pictures.

I’m glad it wasn’t a stain. Nice copy!

10 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Nice 6.0! I was a tad harsh, although I definitely saw the 6.0 potential. I will have to make sure I go with the higher side of my ranges when guessing for the upcoming contest. 

+1