• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC goof ups
1 1

26 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, thunsicker said:
3 hours ago, Ryan. said:
7 hours ago, lizards2 said:

They often grade my slabs incorrect.  Does that count?

🤔 I've felt that way lately too. 

You guys getting back slabs with much higher grades than you expected too?

I never submit, so I'm talking about purchases.

This book is very wrong....the publisher is wrong (should be Culturecom not Dengeki), the country is wrong (should be Hong Kong/China, not Japan), and the date is wrong (should be 1996 not 1994).

Also they usually remove the obi (the paper strip at the bottom) before slabbing, not sure why they didn't here.

s-l1600.jpg

8 hours ago, Lobstrosity said:

This book is very wrong....the publisher is wrong (should be Culturecom not Dengeki), the country is wrong (should be Hong Kong/China, not Japan), and the date is wrong (should be 1996 not 1994).

Also they usually remove the obi (the paper strip at the bottom) before slabbing, not sure why they didn't here.

s-l1600.jpg

I like that they kept the obi. I have a few books with the wrap-around band and to me they feel like they're part of the book.

With foreign variants, especially where it's not easy for the grader to tell what language it is, I include a note helping them out.

Like: Please note this is CHINESE not Japanese or Korean. Or this is DANISH not Norwegian, etc.

You can add the year and publisher if it's not in English on the comic. I'm sure the graders don't see these often.

3 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

I like that they kept the obi. I have a few books with the wrap-around band and to me they feel like they're part of the book.

With foreign variants, especially where it's not easy for the grader to tell what language it is, I include a note helping them out.

Like: Please note this is CHINESE not Japanese or Korean. Or this is DANISH not Norwegian, etc.

You can add the year and publisher if it's not in English on the comic. I'm sure the graders don't see these often.

Agreed, I wish they would leave the obi on all the time. If I were to submit international books (which I don't) I'd make sure to list everything as precise as possible for them - they have a track record of fudging the info on this type of book.