• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAD MAX: FURIOSA starring Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth (2024)
6 6

226 posts in this topic

It appears that Warner Bros. is developing a new entry in the Mad Max universe. According to Collider, the next film will be a prequel focused on a young Furiosa.

After the critical and commercial success of Mad Max: Fury Road in 2015, director George Miller expressed his desire to develop two more films in the franchise. While one film is meant to serve as a sequel to Tom Hardy’s Fury Road, Miller also wished to create a spinoff starring Charlize Theron’s Furiosa.

Based on this new report, however, it seems the plans for the spinoff may have changed. Jeff Sneider revealed on a new episode of The Sneider Cut that the film will focus on a young Furiosa, which could suggest a different actress will portray the character.

Edited by Bosco685

9 hours ago, kimik said:

zzz

I know I am in the minority here, but Fury Road was a weak movie IMHO. I never understood the hype. 

what, you didn't enjoy drive drive drive....turn around...drive drive drive back?

It was a visual feast and that makes it worth watching. But the story was only a springboard for the action.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

what, you didn't enjoy drive drive drive....turn around...drive drive drive back?

It was a visual feast and that makes it worth watching. But the story was only a springboard for the action.

There was no point to it, and if I want drive drive drive I would rather watch one of the Furious movies as they have a bit of an ongoing story to them. Add in the fact that Tom Hardy can't act in a way that makes you care about whether he lives or dies, unlike Mel Gibson in the original three, and it was a meh film that is not worth watching a second time. 

1 hour ago, Bird said:

But where would it rate on your 'NOT A TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME' scale? :baiting:

2 minutes ago, kimik said:

There was no point to it, and if I want drive drive drive I would rather watch one of the Furious movies as they have a bit of an ongoing story to them. Add in the fact that Tom Hardy can't act in a way that makes you care about whether he lives or dies, unlike Mel Gibson in the original three, and it was a meh film that is not worth watching a second time. 

yes, my point was that there was no point to it. I don't see it much different that the F&F movies though so we do diverge on a few points.

The women in my life like to watch Tom Hardy the same way I would watch...say...Charlie's Angels or something like that. (Maybe a bad choice, not sure I watched that. But something with baby dolls and Lucy Lius.)

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

But where would it rate on your 'NOT A TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME' scale? :baiting:

I told my daughter about the HQ mock up poster and she laughed and laughed.

44 minutes ago, kimik said:

There was no point to it"

:roflmao:

giphy.gif.19114964e196d2dd4679c80e7dc2811f.gif

13 hours ago, kimik said:

I loved it but I’m surprised the critics did as well. Held a perfect score on Rotten for a while eventually settling to a 97%.

51 minutes ago, Grails said:

I don’t know why they are going with the prequel route. I thought Hardy was going to continue in another episode called Mad Max: The Wastelands. They should move forward.

Supposedly both films are going to move forward. George Miller wanted to delve deeper into Furiosa, while also continuing the Tom Hardy version of Mad Max. :wishluck: