• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the best Price Guide

9 posts in this topic

I use GPA which gathers data from eBay and some auction sites. 

I would say best way to gauge is use eBay sold like comicginger mentioned and Auction sites to see what sold previously.

5 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

The Overstreet guide gives you a starting point. As for what stuff actually sells for, ebay sold listings. 

Only problem with eBay is that it's basically a BIN platform now with sellers pricing books at ridiculous amounts hoping to hook a sucker on their line. :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

As a result, for every readily available common book that sells, there's probably a whole bunch more that can't find any buyers at that same price point.  hm

True. I look at sold prices and frequency of sales. If I see a book sell once in the last two months for $7, I assume I can find it for less especially if readily available on eBay. If I see a book selling consistently in mid grade for $45-60, I price mine accordingly. 

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Only problem with eBay is that it's basically a BIN platform now with sellers pricing books at ridiculous amounts hoping to hook a sucker on their line. :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

As a result, for every readily available common book that sells, there's probably a whole bunch more that can't find any buyers at that same price point.  hm

you can filter all that bs out by just looking using the "items sold" filter.