• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's WORLD WAR HULK rumored development (TBD)
1 1

35 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2021 at 2:30 PM, HighVoltage said:

Just remember: WWH is when the Hulk came back to Earth.

Just because they are calling it WWH at the moment - I wonder what the MCU will be doing here. Hulk has already been off-planet & come back.
It seems unlikely an Illuminati group is gonna send him off again.
Maybe we do get a General Ross Red Hulk and he battles it out with Banner? And if so - who would get in the middle of that? I dunno - just spitballing.

We're thinking alike. Marvel Studios can use the title but still modify the story to fit the current MCU history and events.

Planet Hulk was a great Hulk story, whereas WWH for me was spoiled by too many unnecessary tie-in series that added little to the main narrative, kept on repeating the same scenes and interfered with the pacing and progression of the main story, which itself was admittedly a good slugfest comic.  The film can easily dispense with all of that pointless deviation.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Lou Ferrigno, who starred in The Incredible Hulk series in the 1970s, has been very vocal about his distaste for the MCU's reliance on CGI. In a recent interview with The Washington Times, the actor echoed these sentiments.

"Though I appreciate the amazing visual work these artists are producing, it's missing the raw human performance qualities that I believe only an actor can play," Ferrigno said. "Especially when it comes to the Hulk."

"What's happening is that the first two Hulk movies, the CGI was improving, but the last one, Endgame, I was disappointed. Because the Hulk needs to be hideous, he needs to be a creature," Ferrigno previously said at Canada's Hamilton Comic-Con. "You see in Endgame, Mark Ruffalo — I think it has a lot to do with him and Disney — I didn't like the way it portrayed [Hulk]. It took away that beauty, that quality of the Hulk. That's why a lot of people liked the series."

According to an SEC filing in 2006, it's confirmed that Universal agreed to distribute The Incredible Hulk and any sequels under the same terms as Marvel's deal with Paramount, its other distributor at the time:

"Universal Studios has agreed to distribute Marvel’s film The Incredible Hulk and sequels on essentially the same terms as those on which Paramount has agreed to distribute the other films financed and produced under the film facility."

To that end, the referenced SEC filing with Paramount laid out the terms of distribution within an initial 15-year period. As such, this suggests that the distribution rights for The Incredible Hulk would be set to revert to Marvel in June of 2023, based upon the movie's June release date in 2008.

Now if the MCU doesn't screw up the go-forward Hulk design.

:wishluck:

Mark Ruffalo Has Been Asked Not to Comment on Hulk Standalone Movie (Exclusive)

You wouldn't like him when he's angry, but you'll love him when he's hopeful.

Speaking to ComicBook.com during the red carpet premiere of Poor Things, Mark Ruffalo revealed that while he cannot comment on Hulk's standalone future, he has been workshopping ideas of what it could be.

"Not that I know of," Ruffalo said when asked if the Disney x NBCUniversal deal for Hulu has changed anything regarding a Hulk movie. "I've been asked not to comment on it, that specifically. Hopefully one day though they'll work it out. I think it could be really cool and I've been putting a lot into what it could be to be cool, but I don't know yet."

one of the problems i think with disney/mcu is that the actor became bigger than the character

i never felt like that about batman or spider-man as there have been plenty of replacements along the way and ultimate the character was the star

with the disney actors, they seem to be the star or catered that way

On 12/7/2023 at 12:36 PM, jsilverjanet said:

one of the problems i think with disney/mcu is that the actor became bigger than the character

i never felt like that about batman or spider-man as there have been plenty of replacements along the way and ultimate the character was the star

with the disney actors, they seem to be the star or catered that way

Agree. Nothing special about Mark Ruffalo to me. They could go back to Eric Bana or Edward Norton and I would be ok with that.

On 12/7/2023 at 6:07 PM, drmccoy74 said:

Agree. Nothing special about Mark Ruffalo to me. They could go back to Eric Bana or Edward Norton and I would be ok with that.

Or Ferrigno...no CGI required

image.png.af16212c3f521cd66e4a200822c7a487.png