• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,315 posts in this topic

Flamethrower covers :applause:

Yeah!! And as Adam said, goes well with War # 11 also. Won't show my copy, I'd rather Adam shows his again.

Best part of that Battle # 35, it was a BIN on eBay at $5 with Free Shipping :cool: Please everyone sell me your Heath Flame-Thrower covers Pre-Code Atlas War for $5 a piece, quick! That's probably what the book is worth but the fact that you still find those deals on eBay :)

:o

:cry:

:sorry:

I haven't bought much lately - but it seems when I do it's often an Atlas book. My most recent three - I didn't realize until I was scanning them that they would might all have been on the stands at the same time! The Astonishing and Mystic are the same month - and the Men's Adv. being bi-monthly could well have shared rack space with the other two. The Mystic and Astonishing are examples of Everett horror with a humorous "romance" twist - two others being JIM #6 and Spellbound #14 (which are now on my want list) - if anyone can think of another let me know.

The Men's Adventures is just a classic Everett ghoul cover.

ast15.jpg

mystic21.jpg

menadv22.jpg

This thread had fallen to page 6 so I thought I would give it a boost.

If anyone is interested, I have started a few Atlas threads in the Atomic Age section of the public NOD boards (www.networkofdisclosure.com). You have to sign up just like here, but you don't have to join NOD.

There is a general Atlas thread like this one, a Joe Maneely appreciation thread, and another where I have been posting an Atlas story ever Friday afternoon for the last few months.

It would be nice to give those threads a boost with some new Atlas fans over there if anyone would like to participate.

Mike

I'm glad this thread was bumped. I've become more & more of an Atlas fan recently, and with each purchase the pull gets stronger. I'm buying Westerns for Pete's sake!

(the second is a slam-dunk self-portrait of Heath)

73407.jpg.d9864737152bda37734c626d86cce9ed.jpg

73408.jpg.748d137b003861c6b2d926350f3b9322.jpg

I'm glad this thread was bumped. I've become more & more of an Atlas fan recently, and with each purchase the pull gets stronger. I'm buying Westerns for Pete's sake!

:applause: :applause: Great books. Really the Western Outlaw (thumbs u

I picked up a couple of Atlas War books yesterday at the other end of the grade spectrum but for a total of less than $ 7 for all 3 books, I couldn't say no. I am most happy with the Heath cover Marines in Action of course, esp. having seen Jeffro's copy recently -

73414.jpg.46e192266ded2d78333b323e3e5fcd34.jpg

73415.jpg.24e137af39f189a5d74f3e82456a51ad.jpg

73416.jpg.2cd33de7678a2d8d792a2044210d341b.jpg

I picked up a couple of Atlas War books yesterday at the other end of the grade spectrum but for a total of less than $ 7 for all 3 books, I couldn't say no. I am most happy with the Heath cover Marines in Action of course, esp. having seen Jeffro's copy recently -

WOO HOO! Sounds like there was some dealin' going on at your show. Great pick-ups for the price.

Jack

Must.. resist.. expanding... collecting... goals ...FAIL

I haven't bought much lately - but it seems when I do it's often an Atlas book. My most recent three - I didn't realize until I was scanning them that they would might all have been on the stands at the same time! The Astonishing and Mystic are the same month - and the Men's Adv. being bi-monthly could well have shared rack space with the other two. The Mystic and Astonishing are examples of Everett horror with a humorous "romance" twist - two others being JIM #6 and Spellbound #14 (which are now on my want list) - if anyone can think of another let me know.

I missed these - 3 great covers!! (thumbs u

Must.. resist.. expanding... collecting... goals ...FAIL

Just keep on moving. No room for more Atlas collectors right now. (tsk):sumo:

Just keep on moving. No room for more Atlas collectors right now. (tsk):sumo:

Yes, Atlas books stink.

IIRC, this might be the first issue of this short run I actually have seen for sale (aside from online dealers inventory) -

73697.jpg.a5a58fecf77709a1ef815fd3f2331636.jpg