• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,319 posts in this topic

.....that Williamson story doesn't hurt either. It's one I wouldn't mind having in VF someday. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:whistle:

photo WORLDFANT2_zpsa4462010.jpg

Rick-

Can you give us some background on your purcahses from the Bethlehem Pedigree collection?

I own one Marvel Tales Bethlehem (soon to be graded), but would like to know more about the collection and how you came across old Atlas from the collection? Thanks Rick.

Johnny

Around 4500 if I recall.......... all covers and much indexing of interior stories on www.atlastales.com a website of sheer unbridaled awesomeness..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ok, let's see how much you guys love Atlas and how broadminded you are. Willing to consider an Atlas romance comic?

It is precode and Lovers is a continuation of Blonde Phantom ....

1135343008a_zps1a3b2e8d.jpg

Love it! Pretty sure I have a copy somewhere. Another great cover by the under-rated Hartley. I do so wish his interior work had the same flair as some of his covers but it ain't so. Nevertheless, he left some gems of covers of which this one is.

:applause:

Ok, let's see how much you guys love Atlas and how broadminded you are. Willing to consider an Atlas romance comic?

Love it! Pretty sure I have a copy somewhere. Another great cover by the under-rated Hartley. I do so wish his interior work had the same flair as some of his covers but it ain't so. Nevertheless, he left some gems of covers of which this one is.

There are some great winter sports romance covers as I recall. I share your admiration for Hartley Michäel. I have dim memories of one or two horror stories he did for Atlas where he did live up to his talent - but it was long ago and cant remember the issues.

There are some great winter sports romance covers as I recall. I share your admiration for Hartley Michäel. I have dim memories of one or two horror stories he did for Atlas where he did live up to his talent - but it was long ago and cant remember the issues.

An unusual situation where Overstreet identifies Hartley as the cover artist -- after all, he did sign it :D -- but CGC doesn't include the attribution on the label. In my experience, they follow Overstreet very closely on artist attributions.

Here's a possibility? (from Spellbound # 2) -

972.jpg

Also, cover dated the same month as the Lovers sgeggs posted is this cover for Love Romances 35, which is another winner.

1734.jpg

Scrooge, the links seem to broken -- at least for me.

Another group shot. This time, it's my Journey Into Unknown Worlds run -- which includes one Bethlehem copy (#30), six Circle 8 copies (#52-57), five River City copies (#20, 22, 23, 26, 27), five White Mountain copies (#2, 8, 13, 14, 15), one issue from Díck Ayers' personal file (#40), eight Petaluma copies (#21, 28, 33, 34, 35, 36, 39, 50), and ten Eastern Color file copies (still raw).

:foryou:

th_JIUW01-94.jpg th_JIUW02-92-WM.jpg th_JIUW03-65Q.jpg th_JIUW04-70.jpg th_JIUW05-70.jpg th_JIUW08-90-WM.jpg th_JIUW09-35.jpg

th_JIUW12-55.jpg th_JIUW13-90-WM.jpg th_JIUW14-92-WM.jpg th_JIUW15-94-WM.jpg th_JIUW19-60.jpg th_JIUW20-92-RC.jpg th_JIUW21-70-Pet.jpg

th_JIUW22-92-RC.jpg th_JIUW23-80-RC.jpg th_JIUW24-80.jpg th_JIUW25-70.jpg th_JIUW26-70-RC.jpg th_JIUW27-55-RC.jpg th_JIUW28-75-Pet.jpg

th_JIUW29-60.jpg th_JIUW30-60-Beth.jpg th_JIUW32-80.jpg th_JIUW33-85.jpg th_JIUW33-75-Pet.jpg th_JIUW34-80.jpg th_JIUW35-85.jpg

th_JIUW36-75-Pet.jpg th_JIUW37-85.jpg th_JIUW39-85-Pet.jpg th_JIUW40-75-DA.jpg th_JIUW50-75-Pet.jpg th_JIUW52-90-C8.jpg th_JIUW53-85-C8.jpg

th_JIUW54-92-C8.jpg th_JIUW55-90-C8.jpg th_JIUW56-90-C8.jpg th_JIUW57-90-C8.jpg

th_JIUW42-EC.jpg th_JIUW43-EC.jpg th_JIUW44-EC.jpg th_JIUW45-EC.jpg th_JIUW46-EC.jpg th_JIUW47-EC.jpg th_JIUW48-EC.jpg

th_JIUW49-EC.jpg th_JIUW51-EC.jpg th_JIUW52-EC.jpg

This particular title has quite a few great covers. My personal favorites are the #2 (White Mountain; an awesome Everett sci-fi cover), #21 (Petaluma; a clever Burgos cover), #28 (Petaluma; the last of three fantastic Harry Anderson covers -- #26 and 27 are also top-drawer), and #55 (Circle 8; another cool Everett cover):

JIUW02-92-WM.jpg

JIUW21-70-Pet.jpg

JIUW28-75-Pet.jpg

JIUW55-90-C8.jpg

:acclaim:

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated. (thumbs u The JIUW #27 is awesome. Come to think of it, I've never seen an Anderson cover that I didn't love. :banana:

JIUW27-55-RC.jpg

Agreed the some of the best Atlas covers I have seen.

Zzutak, can you give us some history on how you compiled this amazing set - always interested in hearing the back story. Thanks.

Johnny

Edited by Johnny545