• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,319 posts in this topic

The Vampire Maker story is unusual in that it is the first part of a two-part story that is continued in issue 15. The art is a loose but vigorous effort from Carmine Infantino with George Tuska handling part 2.

ADVTWW13_zpsaea60b82.jpg

Duh!

A RED FEMALE ASIAN VAMPIRE FEMME FATALE on the cover.

We know your perversions all too well by now :baiting:

Man, if only we knew if she was a communist lol

You're right - my secret fantasy is to be tied to the arms of a giant clock while being laughed at by a RFAVFF!

Duh!

You're right - my secret fantasy is to be tied to the arms of a giant clock while being laughed at by a RFAVFF!

That can be arranged....

Duh!

That can be arranged....

lol Was I really accused of perversion by a grown man who collects children's comics of men in tights and funny animals? :kidaround:

Honestly looks more like a Buster Keaton situation than anything else ...

His terror convinces. The object of his terror does not.

(Posted by Vaultkeeper)

uncannytales18.jpg

I would call it a Harold Llyod situation and I find the axe that is ready to swing at his head, very threatening. The girl is just laughing at his predicament. Seems familiar....

Edited by BB-Gun

Another group shot. This time, it's my Uncanny Tales run -- which includes seven Circle 8 copies (#36, 50, 51, 52, 54, 55, 55), six River City copies (#5, 7, 9, 12, 49, 53), one White Mountain copy (#29), eight Petaluma copies (#22, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 37, 38), and nine Eastern Color file copies (still raw).

:foryou:

th_UT05-90-RC.jpg th_UT07-85-RC.jpg th_UT09-85-RC.jpg th_UT12-85-RC.jpg th_UT14-60.jpg th_UT15-65R.jpg th_UT19-50.jpg

th_UT21-40.jpg th_UT22-75-Pet.jpg th_UT24-60.jpg th_UT27-70.jpg th_UT29-80-WM.jpg th_UT30-85-Pet.jpg th_UT31-92-Pet.jpg

th_UT32-55-Pet.jpg th_UT33-75-Pet.jpg th_UT33-55-Pet.jpg th_UT34-85-Pet.jpg th_UT36-80-C8.jpg th_UT37-70-Pet.jpg th_UT38-40-Pet.jpg

th_UT41-90.jpg th_UT46-85.jpg th_UT49-90-RC.jpg th_UT50-80-C8.jpg th_UT51-90-C8.jpg th_UT52-75-C8.jpg th_UT53-85-RC.jpg

th_UT54-85-C8.jpg th_UT55-92-C8.jpg th_UT55-80-C8.jpg

th_UNC039-EC.jpg th_UNC040-EC.jpg

th_UNC042-EC.jpg th_UNC043-EC.jpg th_UNC044-EC.jpg th_UNC045-EC.jpg th_UNC047-EC.jpg th_UNC049-EC.jpg th_UNC052-EC.jpg

My personal favorites are the #9, #39, and #53 (Everett, Everett, and Everett lol ):

UT09-85-RC.jpg

UNC039-EC.jpg

UT53-85-RC.jpg

:acclaim:

Another group shot. This time, it's my Uncanny Tales run -- which includes seven Circle 8 copies (#36, 50, 51, 52, 54, 55, 55), six River City copies (#5, 7, 9, 12, 49, 53), one White Mountain copy (#29), eight Petaluma copies (#22, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 37, 38), and nine Eastern Color file copies (still raw).

My personal favorites are the #9, #39, and #53 (Everett, Everett, and Everett lol ):

UT09-85-RC.jpg

UNC039-EC.jpg

UT53-85-RC.jpg

:acclaim:

Gobsmackingly wonderful! How long has it taken you to assemble such a fabulous collection?

Thanks guys. It’s definitely not even close in quality to the world-class collections regularly shared in this forum. However, there are a few gems, and I do appreciate the kind works. :blush:

As a kid, I was extremely fond of the adventure/mystery and fantasy/horror/sci-fi genres. Although I collected the superhero titles, my real passion was for the Marvel pre-hero stuff and the DC sci-fi anthologies. Sometime in the late-1960s, I decided it'd be fun to eventually own complete runs of each Atlas fantasy/horror title. As a collector, I favored gently-used books with fresh cover inks and pages. I splurged a bit when Sotheby's auctioned off the White Mountain collection and when Brian Peets acquired the River City collection. However, in my collection, VF/NM and better issues are much more the exception than the rule, as I was generally content with anything that looked nice in mylar.

I've made very few purchases since 1998. Valuations simply got a bit too high. It's difficult to fork over $100+ for a book when you can remember picking up Church copies for $5. At one point, I had come to within about 10% of reaching my original goal (although I've since jettisoned most of my lower-grade issues via a series of private and Board-only sales). What you're seeing now is the portion I deemed worthy of CGC-certification.

If I was ten years younger, the entire group would still be raw. lol