• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,315 posts in this topic

Wow those are some great looking war covers. Never been much into these types of comics (war), but the last few posted here are making me reconsider.

.... bust open one of these Atlas war comics and it'll be all she wrote for you..... fair warning. Addictive..... but fairly cheap..... which almost makes it worse. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Love that cover also, these books seem more difficult than most Pre-code horror Atlas titles to find in high grade.

Has anyone come across the typical horror pedigrees (Bethlehem, Northford, White Mountain, Spokane) of these.

My gosh, JIM # 11 CGC 8.0 went for $5,201 in the current ComicConnect auction.

I had my eye on this book for a couple of months and had no chance. Just unbelievable prices for HG Atlas horror books right now.

My gosh, JIM # 11 CGC 8.0 went for $5,201 in the current ComicConnect auction.

I had my eye on this book for a couple of months and had no chance. Just unbelievable prices for HG Atlas horror books right now.

Ummm a Marvel Tales 128 CGC 7.0!!! went for $1,000...huh....what...I felt like I had an idea what MT are worth..., but this made no sense to me whatsoever.

Bizarre.

Johnny

Edited by Johnny545

Wow those are some great looking war covers. Never been much into these types of comics (war), but the last few posted here are making me reconsider.

Nah. What I believe is happening to you is that you are discovering Russ Heath Atlas goodness :) He did it in the Western genre as well but that shouldn't be enough to convince you to start buying Westerns. Unfortunate fold on this one and now that I have it, I am starting to wonder if I just didn't buy a duplicate :doh: This is issue # 3 -

WesternOutlaws3_zps560f5f55.jpg

Nah. What I believe is happening to you is that you are discovering Russ Heath Atlas goodness :) He did it in the Western genre as well but that shouldn't be enough to convince you to start buying Westerns. Unfortunate fold on this one and now that I have it, I am starting to wonder if I just didn't buy a duplicate :doh: This is issue # 3 -

WesternOutlaws3_zps560f5f55.jpg

The OA for that cover still exists, although it's mostly photostat.

Just got back from a post-Heroes NC vacation with the family, Atlas pickins were very slim. The Men's Adventures came from Dale & the Battlefront from Harley. I also grabbed a dupe of Battleground 13 from Ted.

138681.jpg.cdf595116c86002ad686e70fe97836d7.jpg

138682.jpg.107b9c48e07df5130a58558a839ac91d.jpg

Excellent interior on the Susp 24 with Stan Lee written stories and art by Tuska, Mooney, Maneely and Infantino (thumbs u

Then a handful of recent pickups I'm quite happy with.

Really like this one :applause:

138685.jpg

You and I share a fondness for Heath :foryou:

Thanks for all the kind comments, certainly not easy tracking down Atlas books in this market!