• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
27 27

9,335 posts in this topic

As much as I love post-code Everett covers, there's something a little sad about a title that started out featuring vampires, skeletons and ghouls ending up with stories about pet shops and invisible rope.

I love 'em all. Terrific!!! :cloud9:

Just amazing Zzutak, really amazing. Thank you for sharing these. Thank you.

I always love the backstory on collecting these so of course I am curious about the Church copies - did you buy them from the original catalog?

Johnny

Edited by Johnny545

Northford

top 3 Suspense covers
What are your other 2?

As much as I love post-code Everett covers, there's something a little sad about a title that started out featuring vampires, skeletons and ghouls ending up with stories about pet shops and invisible rope.

This is hilarious and true for all of the Atlas horror, obvious shift post code - they do get a little 'goofy' towards the end of the run.

17 and 28 or 25 toss up.

Suspense28.jpg:cloud9:

:headbang:

I'd definitely go with the 28 over the 25. There's a fantastic Everett story on the 28 in addition to his cover art.

I think this AIWW 18 makes a nice bookend to the Suspense 26 IMO.

AdventuresIntoWeirdWorlds18.jpg

Menace 1 is twice the example that AIWW18 is. (:(:

Menace1.jpg

One final group shot. This time, it's my Astonishing run -- which includes one Bethlehem copy (#35), nine Church copies (#7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 20), five Circle 8 copies (#57, 58, 60, 61, 62), one River City copy (#6), one Spokane copy (#8), thirteen White Mountain copies (#13, 14, 27, 45, 46, 47, 48, 50, 55, 56, 58, 59, 63), one issue from Díck Ayers' personal file (#16), two Medina Ohio copies (#3, 4), and eight Petaluma copies (#30, 38, 39, 41, 42, 43, 50, 51).

:foryou:

:acclaim:

I've got to say, 13 really stands out to me -- aside from the early Everetts.

In the hands of lesser artists, I do think the post-code work suffers. When it's Everett, Heath and, occasionally, Burgos, then I think the level of artistry is so high that they are very compelling in person in a way that doesn't always show up in a scan.

WM

Astonish62.jpg

Northford

Astonishing41.jpg

WM

Astonishing39.jpg