• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,319 posts in this topic

...... a love that wasn't meant to be..... maybe he just came from the wrong side of the tracks..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_2728.jpg

My favorite suspense cover! Just love the detail in the zombie!

I really liked when Everett got all that detail into the face such as this cover too...

AdventuresIntoWeirdWorlds18.jpg

AIWW 18 is on my want list..... some of these you just hardly ever see.... I suppose folks just can't let go ....Everett covers are definitely in their own league. GOD BLESS...

Same green monster????

MT111_zpsb51a8267.jpg

.... beautiful copy, buddy. I think I'd leave that one in the slab.... but it has some cool "innards" too..... GOD BLESS....

.... beautiful copy, buddy. I think I'd leave that one in the slab.... but it has some cool "innards" too..... GOD BLESS....

Like that last panel of "A Martian in the Kitchen" CRAZY! :insane:

Same green monster????

MT111_zpsb51a8267.jpg

I always thought of this cover of AIWW21 to be that same creature! (not mine, from GCD)

Big Foot trying to sleep off a drunk....... GOD BLESS....

-jimbbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I've thought that both of those were spectacular pieces from Everett that get very little notice. Great covers! :applause:

although not Everett.... this Heath cover perfectly captures the spirit of a typical Political Fundraising Banquet :jokealert: ....... GOD BLESS....

101_2722.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

although not Everett.... this Heath cover perfectly captures the spirit of a typical Political Fundraising Banquet :jokealert: ....... GOD BLESS....

101_2722.jpg

Love this Mystic cover, never saw the side panel before "Don't shrink Sam's head."

I need to organize a best side panel art contest for Atlas PCH - many amazing covers, but some of the side panel work is both at times, equal parts hilarious, horrific and great art.

A Heath cover is always welcome, jimjum!

but some of the side panel work is both at times, equal parts hilarious, horrific and great art.
Russ told me that the only guidance cover artists were given for the side panels was the story title. They didn't have a the story art or -script or description. They made something up the best they could.

That makes complete sense. The artists were so creative that in some instances, the side panel art was better than the interior story. As far as I know Atlas was the only publisher that did this technique on their covers. The vignettes really add charm to these books! (thumbs u

It had been previously done by other publishers but was not common. I don't recall any other pre-code horror publisher doing it.

RealLife6.jpg

I was drawn to this cover by the deep blues and green...plus Everett art never hurts! ;)

Spellbound19_zps6714f7fd.jpg

First story was another Cal Massey thriller about a paranoid Mad Scientist that meets his end with a gunshot to the head. (I'm seeing a theme here...)

Spellbound19Who_zpsfea4c787.jpg

Spellbound19Who2_zps5f5b63eb.jpg

Witch Doctor has a guy seeking immortality but forgot he's in an Atlas horror story! With a nice splash by Tony DiPreta.

Spellbound19Witch_zpscb7329b5.jpg

Peek-A-Boo starts out as a neat little sci-fi story but turns into a communist spy tale. Enjoy...

Spellbound19Peek_zpsed6197be.jpg

That makes complete sense. The artists were so creative that in some instances, the side panel art was better than the interior story. As far as I know Atlas was the only publisher that did this technique on their covers. The vignettes really add charm to these books! (thumbs u

St John did it a lot.

pr12_zps28ae1056.jpg

1173770004a_zps12f9f93b.jpg