• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,320 posts in this topic

...... Don't make Poppa have to whip out some Voodoo Phone...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_2770.jpg

.....I've yet to see a bad story by Jim Mooney from his Atlas days..... maybe someone should do a "Most Underappreciated Atlas Artist" thread.....

Put this in the Pre Code post and thought I ought to share here also.

11983770061_zpsd7b4b6bf.jpg

.... this has got to be an orphaned Pedigree of some sort..... GOD BLESS.....

Home sick tonight from work :makepoint: and thought I'd post a couple of favorite covers..... might make me feel a little better between trips to the toilet. GOD BLESS.....

...... got a real good deal on this one due to some slight staple rust.... it's not nearly as bad as the pics would suggest....

101_2776.jpg

This one is another favorite cover. This book comes from what I call the "KC" collection. If any of you have any info about it.... please share. Most of what I've seen were Atlas books, probably because that's what I spend a lot of time looking for. Gene Carpenter has had quite a few and Metro turns them up from time to time and I even got a JIUW 37(2) from Parker from this collection. Most I've seen have whiteish cover stock, some staple rust, and occasional slight water stains. The books are otherwise very nice....usually Fine or better. They're probably basement books..... any further info would be appreciated. GOD BLESS....

101_2774.jpg

Red :cloud9:

I have a KC spellbound also, will scan and post tonight.

Edit: had it scanned already.

02878336-19da-4eaf-8f09-cedba11cdca4_zpsccb5e47e.jpg

This one is another favorite cover. This book comes from what I call the "KC" collection. If any of you have any info about it.... please share. Most of what I've seen were Atlas books, probably because that's what I spend a lot of time looking for. Gene Carpenter has had quite a few and Metro turns them up from time to time and I even got a JIUW 37(2) from Parker from this collection. Most I've seen have whiteish cover stock, some staple rust, and occasional slight water stains. The books are otherwise very nice....usually Fine or better. They're probably basement books..... any further info would be appreciated. GOD BLESS....

101_2774.jpg

Interesting. Not familiar with this collection, Kansas City? Are there other tell tale signs that signify the books are from the same collection?

This illustrates the very real dangers of washing with soap. :insane:

Recent addition and very happy to add to me collection!

Astonishing #37

28D6E68D-DE14-4D19-921D-8C9C4CB1C153_zpsq96xqbgj.jpg

They just have the grease pencil "KC" on the cover.... always same handwriting. Some of them will have foxing and most have C'OW pages..... but still very supple. Parker's old JIUW 37(2) with the classic Everett Hitler on the moon story was an OW/W which is unusual for them. They will sometimes have foxing. They were definitely somewhere moist at one time..... but I'm curious because I've seen so many of them.... I wonder about how large it was ? GOD BLESS...

...... if I recall.... the last story in that Spellound is particularly awesome. Is your copy slabbed, Chris ? GOD BLESS...

I read the story, just now. It is about a hypnotist and a blind executioner it is a good, short Stan Lee story.

Sweet! Lottsa red but the overall color design is very attractive. :applause:

Here is one more red Spellbound for AS - nice copy, shame about the chip at the top:

e934cf31-16aa-4b1d-9a5c-65b7c24ed307_zpse9d36624.jpg

...... if I recall.... the last story in that Spellound is particularly awesome. Is your copy slabbed, Chris ? GOD BLESS...

I read the story, just now. It is about a hypnotist and a blind executioner it is a good, short Stan Lee story.

...the Benulis art is especially well crafted too.... GOD BLESS....

Sweet! Lottsa red but the overall color design is very attractive. :applause:

Here is one more red Spellbound for AS - nice copy, shame about the chip at the top:

e934cf31-16aa-4b1d-9a5c-65b7c24ed307_zpse9d36624.jpg

.... the chip made that one very affordable..... I had been eyeing that copy also before you snatched it.... GOD BLESS...

P.S. Looks like the gloss on that copy is totally off the chain....