• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,301 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Kent Blake 1.jpg

Kent Blake 2.jpg

Kent Blake 3.jpg

Kent Blake 4.jpg

Kent Blake 5.jpg

Kent Blake 6.jpg

Kent Blake 7.jpg

Kent Blake 8.jpg

Kent Blake 9.jpg

Kent Blake 10.jpg

Kent Blake 11.jpg

Kent Blake 12.jpg

Kent Blake 13.jpg

Kent Blake 14.jpg

How long did it take you to complete Kent Blake of the Secret Service?

Edited by creaturefan95
italics

7 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Kid Colt Outlaw 33.jpg

This is the second Kid Colt cover I noticed where he is killing Sheriffs. There may be more, but I guess this was quickly stopped with the advent of the coming CCA.

Edited by Jayman

4 hours ago, Jayman said:

This is the second Kid Colt cover I noticed where he is killing Sheriffs. There may be more, but I guess this was quickly stopped with the advent of the coming CCA.

I'm guessing as with most Atlas westerns of the era, this cover has no corresponding story. The badges on the foreground figures are awkwardly drawn, and they otherwise look like stock villains, as opposed to lawmen, unlike the wounded guy on the ground, who is positioned more like he was siding with Kid Colt rather than his victim.

44 minutes ago, rjpb said:

I'm guessing as with most Atlas westerns of the era, this cover has no corresponding story. The badges on the foreground figures are awkwardly drawn, and they otherwise look like stock villains, as opposed to lawmen, unlike the wounded guy on the ground, who is positioned more like he was siding with Kid Colt rather than his victim.

All three of them are wearing badges though so I'm assuming they are all lawmen. The guy on the left has his badge almost covered by the "On sale monthly" box.

5 hours ago, creaturefan95 said:

How long did it take you to complete Kent Blake of the Secret Service?

That's not a title I hunted down aggressively so it took its own time to get completed. I bought the first one from Metro in February 2005 and completed the run in April 2011 maybe.

1 hour ago, Scrooge said:

That's not a title I hunted down aggressively so it took its own time to get completed. I bought the first one from Metro in February 2005 and completed the run in April 2011 maybe.

What was the last issue you needed?