• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,290 posts in this topic

On the topic of Jerry Robinson war books...... this one has a great cover by him, but nothing inside. The interior, however, does not disappoint .......... one of my favorite cover to cover issues of all Atlas war. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

QHSMGP4.jpg

Hi all - figured I'd ask here with the experts vs. in the more general Golden Age thread.  Journey Into Mystery #1.  I'm looking through the census and I see 1 8.5, and the next highest is a 7.5  My little 6.5 only has 6 graded higher with 44 graded lower.  I know Atlas books, especially black covers, are tough in high grade...but this seems extreme especially given how much $$ this book usually sells for.  Are there known high grade copies of this book floating around in the raw?  Maybe a pedigree?  I've got a few early River City JIMs, but don't know if a #1 exists?  Any help appreciated...thanks.

The 8.5 is the Spokane copy.  There's a River City of Strange Tales 1 (it's the 8.5) but not a RC JIM #1 that I'm aware of.

I had the WM JIM 2, 3, 4 from Overstreet's collection but there did not appear to be a #1.