• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craigerocksngemz on ebay. Some of the worst Kirby/Lee autographed fakes I've seen. And plenty of them.

13 posts in this topic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stan-Lee-Jack-Kirby-Signed-Fantastic-Four-Marvels-Greatest-Comics-Book-AUTHENTIC/293498874233?hash=item4455e56979:g:WRAAAOSwYAVeXdpz   

Sold listings:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sofindtype=0&_byseller=1&_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=11758&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=%26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_saslop=1&_sasl=craigerocksngemz&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

He's got one out of 10 of the ones he listed this evening that's certed by PSA that looks as bad as the rest. he priced that one $2200 so it doesn't sell. That's the one that shills the rest of them at straight auction. Every one of his numerous Lee and Kirby forgeries is by the same hand.

Craig.jpg

Edited by James J Johnson

oh lordy-BAD.
obvious slow written sig which is indicative of FAKE.  He even went over the a in stan twice lol 

17 hours ago, kav said:

oh lordy-BAD.
obvious slow written sig which is indicative of FAKE.  He even went over the a in stan twice lol 

Here's the one he doesn't want to sell, so he priced it so outlandishly, it won't. Ever. It's purpose is as a permanent shill for the forgeries. He needs this running, so when he lists his horrific bargain box comic Kirby and Lee forgeries, buyers will think, "Oh look. He has one authenticated by PSA, so they all must be good". This one he needs to keep running for that purpose, a shill for the ones he's willing to part with for $250 because his need cost is $1.00 for the book and whatever the microgram of ink costs for him to forge them with. Criminal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stan-Lee-Jack-Kirby-Signed-Marvel-Super-Heros-Comic-PSA-DNA-AUTHENTIC-AUTO/303107619004?hash=item46929f38bc:g:SQ4AAOSwCINcmVBg

5 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Here's the one he doesn't want to sell, so he priced it so outlandishly, it won't. Ever. It's purpose is as a permanent shill for the forgeries. He needs this running, so when he lists his horrific bargain box comic Kirby and Lee forgeries, buyers will think, "Oh look. He has one authenticated by PSA, so they all must be good". This one he needs to keep running for that purpose, a shill for the ones he's willing to part with for $250 because his need cost is $1.00 for the book and whatever the microgram of ink costs for him to forge them with. Criminal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stan-Lee-Jack-Kirby-Signed-Marvel-Super-Heros-Comic-PSA-DNA-AUTHENTIC-AUTO/303107619004?hash=item46929f38bc:g:SQ4AAOSwCINcmVBg

I'm not so sure about this-IMO a PSA/DNA authentication doesnt mean squat.  Well it means it's probably fake, in my opinion.

31 minutes ago, kav said:

I'm not so sure about this-IMO a PSA/DNA authentication doesnt mean squat.  Well it means it's probably fake, in my opinion.

I knew that you noticed that. I didn't want to distract from the subject of the thread, this seller's forgeries, but how on earth PSA judges that Lee and that Kirby to be authentic could be a subject all unto itself, I guess if you submit a batch,, you know, try, try again; maybe one might squeak through eventually, even if it shouldn't.

1 hour ago, kav said:

I'd sure love to hear Mr. Zipper's take on this piece. Not only do all three look fairly atypical to me, but when Buzz Aldrin started to sign his name, for the 10 millionth time, he didn't have framing in mind? The Buzz so big that he'd have to crush the end of his Aldrin to stop just short of the stitch?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Armstrong-Buzz-Aldrin-Mike-Collins-Apollo-11-Crew-Signed-Baseball-JSA/290931175657?hash=item43bcd970e9:g:4T4AAOxyHE5RuqrM

When you're selling $10,000 and up autographed items, and you don't or can't mention where and when autographed, or any details at all about provenance; that's a problem, TPA or not.

10 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Much wow.

Wow is right. One might assume that Stan Lee is still alive and well if going by the spate of unending autographed material offered on ebay in the past year and a half alone, probably a multiple of the amount that 3 Stan Lees could have possibly signed if someone kept the 3 of them chained to a table signing autographs and doing nothing else, 24/7/365.  Kirby too now. Unbelievably, the amount of fake Kirbys on ebay are starting to catch up to the faux Lees.  (tsk) 

Edited by James J Johnson