• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USM Annual #1 <mild spoiler>

25 posts in this topic

Well, I gotta give Bendis props - this was a good read. These are the types of stories he excels at, and frankly should stick with.

Spidey and Kitty, who woulda thought? smile.gif

Spidey is doing the Kitty?

Well, I gotta give Bendis props - this was a good read. These are the types of stories he excels at, and frankly should stick with.

Spidey and Kitty, who woulda thought? smile.gif

Spidey is doing the Kitty?

I knew it was gonna be Kitty! I knew it! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah I really enjoyed this book, alot. It was exceptional. The artwork was good, maybe too colorful at times, too bright maybe? But damn it was good. Kitty and Spidey?? Seems alright to me.

Also the line with the burgular, "I'm serious this time" I couldn't stop laughing

Yeah I really enjoyed this book, alot. It was exceptional. The artwork was good, maybe too colorful at times, too bright maybe? But damn it was good. Kitty and Spidey?? Seems alright to me.

Also the line with the burgular, "I'm serious this time" I couldn't stop laughing

I picked it up yesterday and, after a quick 'flip-thru', thought the art was just terrible. On second thought though, you may be right about the color. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It put me off so badly, I didn't really check it out too hard.

I hadn't planned on reading it, but you guys have changed my mind. I'll check it out tonight.

I like Bagley's art and whoever does the coloring. I think its perfect for a modern day, 15-yr old Spiderman.

I know some people don't like him, but I agree. I like Bagley's art on the book*. It suits the writing. I think he's a much better artist than he was when he started ASM way back when. But, as matchstick johnny said, Bagley didn't do the art for the annual.

*Clarifying a bit....I like Bagley when Art Thibert inks him. Scott Hannah, the current inker, is terrible. Anybody know why Thibert is no longer on the title? (paging Kevin Boyd....paging Kevin Boyd.....).

Hi Hobby!

The USM Annual art chores were handled by Mark Brooks. He did the early issues of Marvel Age Spidey and the flashback scenes in that awful "Skin Deep" arc in ASM recently. I am pretty sure he did Amazing Fantasy and he will be the new artist on New X-Men.

Oh. I haven't even seen it yet. Will read it this weekend.

Just read it, and I thought it was pretty good. I didn't mind the art/coloring one bit.

I really liked the spark there between Petey and Kitty. Makes me wish I could be 15 again and going through those exciting times of getting to know someone. 27_laughing.giftonofbricks.gif

Hey chrisco, did you read it yet?

blush.gif No, I didn't get to it yet. tonofbricks.gif

I've had alot of personal issues to attend to recently and haven't had time to read anything.

Of last weeks pulls, I still have about 5 or 6 books to catch up on. I promise that ,as soon as I read it, I will post my thoughts. Sorry for the delay. flowerred.gif

Finally got around to reading it!

Add me to the list of "True Believers"!!!! smile.gif That book was fantastic. One of the best USM's to date, IMO, and easily the best of the past year or more.

Art grew on me, although it was annoying that all the girls had the same faces. Color still bugged me, but I can handle it when the story is good.

You guys were right! thumbsup2.gif

Add me to the list of "True Believers"!!!! smile.gif That book was fantastic. One of the best USM's to date, IMO, and easily the best of the past year or more.

Art grew on me, although it was annoying that all the girls had the same faces. Color still bugged me, but I can handle it when the story is good.

As long as its not a team book (which he readily admits in his latest Newsarama interview), Bendis writes some good stuff. thumbsup2.gif

I browsed it yesterday at my "big city" LCS. Where was the action? It was all Spidey talking to some chick. WTF! confused-smiley-013.gif

Suppose I'll have to buy it now that Chrisco has given it his seal of approval. smirk.gif