• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

I recieved a book today that's been graded by the um other company. Now I just have to figure out how to get it out of the slab in one piece.

Action55pgx65001.jpg

Mike, if you're sending it to CGC, I wouldn't worry about removing it. They'll do it for you. Love that cover! (thumbs u

Thanks guys! I already removed it from the slab. I don't see this book getting a higher grade at CGC. The page quality could possibly be upgraded to white.

After removing the book, I saw no reason why a lower grade book couldn't, be placed in the holder and be pawned off as a 6.5. The slab snapped firmly back in place to it's original state. I was under the impression that once the book was removed, the slab was no longer useable. I hope this isn't the case with CGC slabs.

Thanks Alton! I am expection another book this week. It even has white pages.

I know what book you're talking about, and you did well on it. By the way, from the scan that was in the auction, that book would benefit from pressing. Looked like the bottom of the spine was kind of munched, but I didn't see any color breaks.

Thanks Alton! I am expecting another book this week. It even has white pages.

if your referring to the book I sent you, it should be there today or at the latest tomorrow. it's a sweet copy. (thumbs u

:gossip: I believe he's talking about an eBay purchase.

if your referring to the book I sent you, it should be there today or at the latest tomorrow. it's a sweet copy. (thumbs u

he said WHITE pages, and his "other" eBay purchase that I saw besides the Action 55, has off-white pages, which is what made me think he was talking about my former book.

so Mike which book were you talking about ? hm

he said WHITE pages, and his "other" eBay purchase that I saw besides the Action 55, has off-white pages, which is what made me think he was talking about my former book.

I don't want to spoil it for Mike, but he did have an eBay purchase with white pages just a few days ago. From the same seller that had the Action you and I PM'd about recently.

I don't want to spoil it for Mike, but he did have an eBay purchase with white pages just a few days ago. From the same seller that had the Action you and I PM'd about recently.

ah, I see. :cool:

all has become clear now, man Mike, you've been racking up the GA Actions lately.

Edited by thedude

Thanks Alton! I am expection another book this week. It even has white pages.

I know what book you're talking about, and you did well on it. By the way, from the scan that was in the auction, that book would benefit from pressing. Looked like the bottom of the spine was kind of munched, but I didn't see any color breaks.

I tried to win the #60 5.0 as well. I did make the other guy pay $636 for it. I also won the #33 5.5 from the same seller.

However, I will be posting an issue earlier than the #60 with white pages before these books.

oops! I guess I should have read the rest of the thread. :grin:

Right now, you are the rest of the thread!

Great books Mike.

Now post more pretty pictures...