• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

You got it! This book actually belonged to whomerjay originally (hate to let it go, but once again I'm looking to raise funds for an early Superman). Glad another board member will enjoy it. thumbsup2.gif

I actually threatened Jon with physical violence until he agreed to let me have it.

27_laughing.gif that's how we Comic collectors do it, great book Matt.. ya don't see too many #32's around.

recent eBay win

a4_1.jpg

"In Fine Condition. Slight Browning of pages, Small spine tears, centerfold page unattatched, otherwise, no restoration, fully readable, and in good condition compared to other copies of the same issue. "

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

we'll see what's it condition it is REALLY in when I get it in my grubby hands.... I bid on it as if it were a G+ book. So did every other bidder, apparently!

Thanks for the heads-up, Tim. thumbsup2.gif That #5 is pretty low-grade...I saw it in person at the Javits show a few months back, and it actually looks a bit worse in hand (there's some staining on the front cover which is hard to see in the scan). Even so, it's a great early Superman & if the price were right I'd be glad to own it...will keep an eye on it.

No posts in this great thread for a month & a half while the Obadiah thread gets bumped every day Christo_pull_hair.gif

So, here's a recent Action Comics #48 pickup that probably belongs in the "post your beaters" thread, but I'll post it here. Obviously low grade with some slight resto, but the price was right and it's not an easy book to find.

Act48ab.jpg