• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Congrats, Brian! As all of us here know, that's a friggin' impossible book to find, and your copy still presents well. I would have grabbed that in a second. Great pickup! 893applaud-thumb.gif

nice pickup Brian, as you know that's my favorite Action war cover (at least tied with #44 and #63), now if I can just find one that's not the Mile High copy Christo_pull_hair.gif but still presentable, we'd all live in a better world,..

congrats again Brian, thumbsup2.gif

Edited by thedude

Thanks guys. It was the last day of WW Chicago and I was ready to go home without any comic book purchases for the second straight year. I found this one before I left so it was good to go home with something.

Harley Yee had a beat up copy of Action Comics #10 I tried to make a cash & trade deal for but in the end I passed on it as the book was really low grade and the pricing a little too high.

Did Richie hand it to you or throw it at you? He has a bad habit of treating Golden Age comics like Frisbees.

He threw it like a football, and luckily I have good hands.

But did you spike it after you caught it? foreheadslap.gif

Did Richie hand it to you or throw it at you? He has a bad habit of treating Golden Age comics like Frisbees.

He threw it like a football, and luckily I have good hands.

But did you spike it after you caught it? foreheadslap.gif

Noooo, that would have been absurd .... I did the Ickey Shuffle yay.gif

hello all...

the book looks good to me (but scan is "cleaner")....definitely tell there has been extensive restoration, but fairly good job....

I compared the back cover to a former heritage auction, and they look the same, but admittedly, I have not owned a 7 since 1994, so I can't recall...

rick

I think I recognize this book as one that had been listed on and off for a while, and did have the wrong back cover. Was it CGC'd? Looks great, though!

Here is the link when it sold on Comiclink quite a while ago and was discussed in an old thread:

Action #7

I believe it was determined that it did not have the wrong back cover, but one ad was wrong (the black & white "Midget Racer" ad was incorrect.)

Action Comics #7 NEVER comes up for sale, and is a grail to many collectors who can't afford an Action #1. Great pickup!

I've posted this in a different GA thread a while back, but I can't help myself. 1354645-Action30front.JPG

My birthday was a few weeks ago, but I'll understand if you wrap that up quickly and mail it to:

Jeff Delaney

P.O. Box 622

Newport Beach, CA 92661

Seriously. We've talked about it before. If you ever want to sell that book, let me know. cloud9.gif

My first GA Supes. I've always thought this was a cool book, and finally got one.

1355041-superman76.jpg

I'm thinking about putting together a short run of GA Supes after I get some of my current collecting goals squared away. Looks like some pretty fun stuff.

1355041-superman76.jpg.4fc763477b31a11cf559218d99dfffd9.jpg