• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective # 212 Heavy miscut

7 posts in this topic

Would like your opinions on this miscut book. The issue number and month should be on the top right corner on this book. Due to heavy miscut during printing this has been eliminated. Suppose this book is a VG- [ 3.5 ] the technical grade, would the real grade be lower because of this serious printing defect? If yes then by how much?? File0207.jpg[/img]

I get the impression that CGC is more lenient than Overstreet when factoring in a severe miscut, but I wouldn't knock off anymore than .5 in a 4.0 or less. Once you get into the midgrades and higher it's more of a qualifying consideration than something you can assess a numeric deduction for IMHO.

Might not affect the grade much but the value sure goes down.

Having to write the issue number on the comic yourself sucks. tongue.gif

bumpit.gif

Trying to get some actual "Grading/Resto" Issues back to the top.

PLEASE can we have a break with the "Grade my _________" threads? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

(Don't get me wrong, I enjoy looking at the scans and hearing everyone's comments, but they are getting ridiculous)