• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Grade is in... PGM Superman 60

23 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

As it now stands I would estimate the book at 5.0 to 5.5. The cover gloss is outstanding, so it could go a bit higher. (thumbsu

Thanks, with that said, do you think a clean and roses could bump it to a 5.5-6.0?

9 minutes ago, manofsteel said:

Thanks, with that said, do you think a clean and roses could bump it to a 5.5-6.0?

I'm not sure about the roses, but a clean and press might being this book up to a 6.0. I would wait for some other opinions, as I am in the midst of having 2 books pressed now, but do not have the CGC grades of the books yet. In short I'm a newbie at what a clean and press can accomplish.

Edited by frozentundraguy

38 minutes ago, frozentundraguy said:

I'm not sure about the roses, but a clean and press might being this book up to a 6.0. I would wait for some other opinions, as I am in the midst of having 2 books pressed now, but do not have the CGC grades of the books yet. In short I'm a newbie at what a clean and press can accomplish.

Gotcha. Thanks again, and good luck with your books. 

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

You have light spine wear and that corner crease. Otherwise that thing is exceptional. I’m thinking Fine as I know GA books grade different. If it were from another era, 5.0 seems right but I think this has Fine potential for sure.

Grade different, as in a little easier? 

2 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Yeah usually that’s the case especially since your flaws are spine ticks and one crease really. The gloss and pepper quality looks very good on that book.

Thank you for your input. 

On 3/21/2020 at 4:09 PM, manofsteel said:

I do. It would eliminate those big creases on the cover. The issue you'll be stuck with then are the spine ticks, colour break crease on bottom right corner and staple tear, so I don't know how much higher than 6.0 it would go.