• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questing for Sandman Pages

76 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I've begun my descent into madness and poverty by entering this lovely hobby. My primary interest is for published Sandman pages, with good page content. With so many pages locked up in private collections, I consider this a quest that will last the duration of my time in the hobby. So firstly, an appeal -- if you have any pages that you're considering selling, please let me know! I'll do my best to make a very fair offer.

Also, however, my reason for collecting is my love of the comic series, so perhaps this thread could also be dedicated to others' quest for these pages, and the success stories. I know there are several on this board who share my passion on this....

Best luck to all in the quest!

All the issues rocked! Just some more than others...

Hopefully I'll get some photos up and my CAF gallery created in the next couple weeks...

Those pages above are all nice, but I bet those gents aren't looking to sell...

All the issues rocked! Just some more than others...

Hopefully I'll get some photos up and my CAF gallery created in the next couple weeks...

Those pages above are all nice, but I bet those gents aren't looking to sell...

I know they all rocked,but #4 was my favorite

I TOO AM ON A QUEST FOR SANDMAN PAGES.

Please private message me if anyone comes across 'stuff'.

I will pay money.jpg

How many Sandman pages could you buy for $10,000,000?

Full%20of%20Shit%20Friends.jpg

Probably quite a few, but not all. Once word got out in collecting circles that you were throwing 10,000,000 at buying pages I bet a lot of the serious collectors would come out of the woodwork for their 200G!

But I've noticed with this title there's a certain cultural attachment that goes beyond OA collectors. I'm sure there are celebrity Sandman fans who own some pages and don't need anyone's money.

Not to mention pages that were destroyed by artists who didn't care for their work...and people who would sell you all but one page.

Money can't quite buy everything...

Thanks! I had seen this one.

Speaking of Zulli, I got my first Zulli page in the mail yesterday (see gallery link above) and it is amazing!!! The detail blew me away, and now I can't wait to find some more.

PS I have a Lucifer page, with Death of the Endless in the Trade Gallery. I would love to trade it for a Sandman page (I will add $$$ depending on the page).

Thanks! I had seen this one.

Speaking of Zulli, I got my first Zulli page in the mail yesterday (see gallery link above) and it is amazing!!! The detail blew me away, and now I can't wait to find some more.

PS I have a Lucifer page, with Death of the Endless in the Trade Gallery. I would love to trade it for a Sandman page (I will add $$$ depending on the page).

Great Stuff !!

Who is the most desired Sandman artist ?

Is it Drindenberg ?

I dont have any sandman art but would love a great Dream page.

N othing nice ever comes to market though and I dont wanna buy a second rate piece.

I see a page went for $1200 a week or so ago with Dream and Desire,..the image is now down (I was doing a completed auction search)...

Was it a nice page ?

KK

Is it Drindenberg ?

N othing nice ever comes to market though and I dont wanna buy a second rate piece.

I see a page went for $1200 a week or so ago with Dream and Desire,..the image is now down (I was doing a completed auction search)...

Was it a nice page ?

KK

That's only 0.0008% of your yearly spend. If you don't have time to scour every listing, maybe you could hire an agent. Actually, given your spend, I'm surprised you don't have dealers contacting you all the time with pieces you're after. Have you submitted any Wants Lists recently?

Is it Drindenberg ?

Was it a nice page ?

KK

That's only 0.0008% of your yearly spend. If you don't have time to scour every listing, maybe you could hire an agent. Actually, given your spend, I'm surprised you don't have dealers contacting you all the time with pieces you're after. Have you submitted any Wants Lists recently?

Do you even know you are a lamb.jpg ?

Stop obsessing over me and go back to your herd.

Thanks. It's just like crack.

FYI to all -- That Bisley Desire pin up is back up on Ebay. I do not desire it. And they want $500! Maybe if you're a Bisley fan...

With all of this SANDMAN talk going on I was suprised to see that go unbid. I do think it is a bit pricey for a piece that looks so sketchy. Drop it down to $300 and I might bite.

Mike

Is it Drindenberg ?

Was it a nice page ?

KK

I would think Kieth, Zulli, Vess, or Russell. Kieth just because of the early run pages that are scarce because he destroyed some and held onto some. Zulli, Vess, and Russell because they're great artists that worked on fan favorite issues and there are hardly any pages out there.

As for the $1200 Ebay piece, if that's the one you're referring to...Solar and I had a little bidding war for it, which I came out the winner of with a few bumps and bruises. But that was Dream and Delerium, not Desire, so maybe you're referring to a different page that went around the same price. It's the Sandman #47 pg. 12 in my gallery...