• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don’t give two *%&$ that the end is near...
1 1

62 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, newshane said:

I've been ordered not to work at all. 

Still getting paid. 

I have electricity, running water, climate control, food and supplies for over a month, plenty of ammo, three reliable, gassed up vehicles, lots of work around the house to keep me busy...

the Internet..

a library of books..

a wonderful, happy family and a great dog..

The true apocalypse will be far worse. 

We've gotten soft. 

Exactly.  Even though we're mainly indoors, it's hardly like we've been put into a maximum security prison with a strictly regimented existence.  Still free to do whatever we want to, whenever we want to, within those confines.  Entertain ourselves as we choose, possessing the technology to easily stay in touch with any developments that occur.  The options for us would've been far more limited, and the situation far more overwhelming and scary, if this had occurred thirty or more years ago with a less sophisticated ability to communicate. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

7 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I've a lot of friends working in grocery and I'm concerned for them all.Should be compensated for the risk,all of you.If it's deemed essential,then the pay should be raised.

Loblaws here in Ontario,not sure of the rest of Canada is giving employees an additional 15%.

I said that to a supermarket assistant yesterday that they deserved a danger money bonus for what they're doing and what they're exposing themselves to.  That has to be respected.  And, a special thanks to everyone in our NHS, while I'm on the topic.

11 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

In the final analysis, I imagine the gist of this is that if the Coronavirus doesn't do us all in first, eventually, the sun's corona will!  Maybe by the time that happens, we will have already migrated to places too far away to be affected.

Entropy wins in the end. 

It doesn't matter how advanced our civilization becomes. 

19 hours ago, the blob said:

I, thankfully, can do lawyer stuff at home. Today I had oral argument before a federal judge from my dining room. I really wish my family would STFU in the background though. My 8 year old demanded breakfast, my wife disappeared, and I am making a sandwich for the kid while the other side argued. I won.

I was on video conferencing today while someone in the background would not turn the music off.   Then they could not understand why I muted them. 

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  The power of the Zoom Host !

I've not bought a single book since my LCS owner retired and closed the store back in December.  I will eventually place an order with MCS to catch up with ASM but will wait until all the books before the printing hiatus ship.   However, I've noticed that people ARE buying.  I list it and leave it and have noticed that people must be going stir crazy or something in that they are just hitting those straight up BIN's. 

I'm okay with that. 

When it happens and you are starving and thirsty, and you will trade anything, ANYTHING.....for a decent beer...…  I'll be waiting.  Old CGC comics will be a good place to start.   I like Plastic Man (thumbsu

Resized_20200321_172340.thumb.jpeg.67ae0d9af6d8eb45065455b911d5fc28.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Senormac said:

When it happens and you are starving and thirsty, and you will trade anything, ANYTHING.....for a decent beer...…  I'll be waiting.  Old CGC comics will be a good place to start.   I like Plastic Man (thumbsu

I crave whiskey. Not sure your place is worth the ammo...., 

25 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
34 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I crave whiskey. Not sure your place is worth the ammo...., 

5 of those are aged in whiskey barrels and you can tell when you taste them.  You won't need ammo, just a couple bottles of your best, and enough gas to make it the 170 miles.  

Edited by Senormac
Ed made me do it

3 minutes ago, Senormac said:

5 of those are aged in whiskey barrels and you can tell when you taste them.  You won't need ammo, just a couple bottles of your best, and enough gas to make it the 170 miles.  

250 miles - Lakeview. Which living in Lakeview, is hard to discriminate from 170 miles.  Whiskey barreled beer ain't the same as whiskey barreled whiskey.  Just sayin'...., 

14 hours ago, newshane said:

Entropy wins in the end. 

It doesn't matter how advanced our civilization becomes. 

A worthy listen on the topic.

6 hours ago, lizards2 said:

250 miles - Lakeview. Which living in Lakeview, is hard to discriminate from 170 miles.  Whiskey barreled beer ain't the same as whiskey barreled whiskey.  Just sayin'...., 

It's okay. If you're up to putting that ammo to use, and wanna boogie with the bois, come to the Midwest and we'll pay you in scotch.

9 hours ago, lizards2 said:
9 hours ago, Senormac said:

Oh.  I thought you were in Klamath Falls. I had breakfast at a little diner in Lakeview last fall.  Too early for barrel aged whiskey OR barrel aged beers, but the pancakes were good. 

355741040_RinntripLakeviewSafeway.thumb.jpg.8303d532989e5e343e9cd09251eeaab1.jpg