• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What matters to you: grade, cover cut, or page quality?

Which matters most to you when buying High Grade CGC books?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which matters most to you when buying High Grade CGC books?

23 posts in this topic

To me its a no brainer cause if a book has really dark pages than its not going to be around for long no matter if its really high grade or has a perfect cut!

I'm far from being a "label chaser" so the actual grade is not my concern. Sure I like the best book that I am willing to pay for, but eye appeal to me is by far the most important aspect. I'd rather pay the same price for a beautifully cut and centered 8.5 than I would an offset 9.4 with a thick white line down the spine (unless the goal was to flip). Minor spine creases and dinged corners do not bother me the way miscuts do. Miscuts are ugly and can be seen easily from across the room, usually. Minor imperfections on the spine and corners cannot. Interior page quality does matter to me as I do like the entire book to be as "fresh" as possible, but it does not play a large part in what I am willing to pay unless the page quality is less than Off-White.