• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Hall of Shame

18 posts in this topic

Did you see how he was crapping on the 35-cent variants in a previous article?

"Now, you might be wondering what's the difference between the 35-cent variant and the non-variant copy? Well, other the printed price on the book... absolutely nothing! GODZILLA #1 is just one of many titles that have a variant cover price and while variant cent copies are scarcer, some retailers tend to hype these copies over the non-variant copies. The reality is you're still getting the exact same comic, so do yourself a favor and save your hard earned dough-meal by not getting suckered into this fallacy that the variant is "worth" more."

By his 1950's reasoning, anyone buying a NM Hulk 181 for $1K or higher is a insufficiently_thoughtful_person, since the Marvel Milestone edition has the same content, with a slightly different cover.

Don't worry, these guys are just whining. The hobby took a turn that apparently upset what ever grasp they felt they had on it, and they don't know how to make it work for them, so they just B!#CH.

There have beens tons of sales that have dumfounded me, but I don't get my panties in a knot....it's not my problem what people do with their money, or how a seller choose to price their stuff. Pay no attention to it.

I have come to understand that no matter how obvious a market correction is, or how many times the cyclical nature of collectibles gives specs a chomp on the rear, that it's best to just let it ride and watch the fireworks.

I wouldn't be so quick to discount what these experienced dealers have to say, especially if you have any financial risk in graded collectibles.

wouldn't be so quick to discount what these experienced dealers have to say, especially if you have any financial risk in graded collectibles.

True. But where does this fit in with writing a newsletter ragging on other people's auctions or purchases? It's one thing if someone writes an intelligent, well thought out report on the current state of the market, and the inevitable downsides of this modern CGC craze, but what these guys are doing just makes them come off as adolecent whiners.

Thanks AK - I wasn't worried in the least. It just hurts...(as I lay here sobbing in the fetal position ) BWAHAHAHAHHA! AS IF!!! Definitely an adolescent rant and still allowed in this country - I just have some issue with the use of "my image" without my permission? When CBG did the article on the May 2002 copy sold - they asked for permission to write about it and post a pic in the paper...now my auction along with a few others are being treated as public domain, and my right to privacy is slightly being infringed upon (I know, it's up on eBay, so probably getting nowhere with this argument) - I've stated before in these forums that I have no qualms with sharing my scans to help newbie forum members in their auctions or something beneficial, but for use in something that is borderline slanderous? I know I wouldn't be all too anxious to loan them a scan... mad.gif

You definitely have a case for the scan, as you own it and the issue it came from, while the actual auction info and link is in the public domain.

Send the editor (not the writer) a terse letter demanding that your Origin #1 image be removed from the article NOW!

Here ya go - message to the editor, Chris Ryall:

Ryall - One of your subpar authors, TJ Brady, decided to emphasize his ill formed tirade against CGC with an image of my beautiful Origin 1 CGC 10.0 without my permission. Please take it down immediately. You are infringing on my copyright to that scan that I made of an item I own. Thanks so much...

Carl De La Cruz

P.S. Keep your underlings in check so you guys don't get sued over silly little things like this...

grin.gif How's that!

I posted here as an afterthought...didn't even think about the OS advisor part tongue.gif

I think subpar can stay...it IS accurate...you think the writer can get around it by saying that it was sent to him and basically sidestep any responsibility for posting content for which permission for use was not solicited?