• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-man 50 or GL 76

25 posts in this topic

893scratchchin-thumb.gif $2K would only buy a 9.2?

I don't like the deal because GL 76 is the premiere Bronze Book. There are more Spidey collectors though and 50 is a key SA book.

In the end: confused-smiley-013.gif. I would just keep the 9.4 because it's a higher grade.

What's the PQ and QP on both books?

I don't like the deal because GL 76 is the premiere Bronze Book. There are more Spidey collectors though and 50 is a key SA book.

In the end: confused-smiley-013.gif. I would just keep the 9.4 because it's a higher grade.

On the GL76 it's $1600-$2000. I don't have access, but a friend told me about the GL76. Perhaps a board member can enlighten us with regards to the Spidey 50.

On the GL76 it's $1600-$2000. I don't have access, but a friend told me about the GL76. Perhaps a board member can enlighten us with regards to the Spidey 50.

Sorry about the faux pas. The page qualtiy of the GL 76 is OW/W. The Spidey 50 is OW.

There was a GL 76 CGC 9.4 on ebay 3 years ago and the bidding went as high as $2,400.00 and the RESERVE PRICE was not even met when the auction closed. It guided for $225.00 in 9.4 back then. Turning down $2,400.00 for a book that guides for $225.00 is insane????screwy.gif

There was a GL 76 CGC 9.4 on ebay 3 years ago and the bidding went as high as $2,400.00 and the RESERVE PRICE was not even met when the auction closed. It guided for $225.00 in 9.4 back then. Turning down $2,400.00 for a book that guides for $225.00 is insane????screwy.gif

The book is seriously underpriced in the guide. However, it's not worth $2400 in 9.4 either. If you do a search, I think there was a thread discussing a 9.6 copy that was sold on eBay sometime back.

The book is seriously underpriced in the guide. However, it's not worth $2400 in 9.4 either. If you do a search, I think there was a thread discussing a 9.6 copy that was sold on eBay sometime back. [/quote

As I recall Jason Ewert listed the CGC 9.6 copy of GL76 and the bidding reached five grand which did not meet his reserve. I believe he was just trying to test the market. However, I'm talking about a CGC 9.4 copy. Today there are nine 9.4 copies in the census and one 9.6. A 9.2 sold on Comiclink for around $1100.00. Something tells me that they are socked away in people's collections and collectors tend to hang onto the copies for now; howvever there must be more 9.4 or even 9.6 and possibly a 9.8 but just haven't been submitted as yet though I'm just speculating. There is an Amazing Spider-man 50 in 9.2 currently on Comiclink for two grand and top guide is $950.00.

Today there are nine 9.4 copies in the census and one 9.6. A 9.2 sold on Comiclink for around $1100.00. Something tells me that they are socked away in people's collections and collectors tend to hang onto the copies for now; howvever there must be more 9.4 or even 9.6 and possibly a 9.8 but just haven't been submitted as yet though I'm just speculating.

I had the same comments when these boards were talking about the 9.6 copy that Ewert was selling. It's unfathomable to me that it could that hard to find a mainstream BA book in 9.6 or 9.8, but the numbers in the census continue to remain low even though there's obviously been a lot of financial incentive for more copies to emerge.

I'd do the GL 76 for ASM 50 + $500.

I'm not a Green Lantern fan nor do I collect Adams books, so I'd have no attachment to it, and I am an ASM fan, so I'd be motivated to get that book. My personal copy is a measly 5.0.

Is this a wise thing to do from an investment standpoint?

No.

Yes, a definite no-brainer here. Now if both of the grades were reversed on the two books in question, then there would be a pause to give it some thought. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No point looking at the guide here if you are trying to compare these two books. The ASM #50 is relatively fully valued in the guide, while the GL #76 is still way undervalued in the guide. screwy.gif

Not only that, the GL #76 is way tougher to find in grade in comparison to the ASM #50. cloud9.gif

I don't have a GL 76, but if I did have one in 9.4 no way in hell would I part with it...especially for the deal described here.

Here is your big chance... thumbsup2.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/GREEN-LANTERN-76-NM-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't want one THAT bad!

And especially not from a seller who doesn't have the guts to make his feedback public. yeahok.gif