• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just got my first overstreet price guide

27 posts in this topic

Your first? This year's was my 23rd smile.gif
He's probably not older then dirt, like the rest of us. hi.gif

You're all puppies. My first one was #8, and I actually bought comics from those ads back then.

$900...really? Wow that's pretty cheap. No wonder everyone advertises. I was thinking the cost was 3 or 4 times higher.

Good God there is alot of info!.I, do have a question there are so many freakin ads in it hoe much do these guys pay for adds in this book it must cost alot of$$$$ 893whatthe.gif

I think it was $900 for our full-page black and white ad.

Best,

Marc

My first was #12. My first mail-order catalog came from Moondog's before that. Too bad I never had money as a kid. hi.gif

OH YEAH, when I started they hadn't even invented paper yet. I had to read my comics carved out of stone. And I could only read them during the day because fire hadn't been discovered yet so there was no light to read them by at night.

sign-rantpost.gif

#5 acclaim.gif

Same here. Still got it? Show me yours and I'll show you mine!

Here it is. I remember how conflicted I was over spending $7 for this book when I could have been spending it on comics 27_laughing.gif

907298-pg.jpg

907298-pg.jpg.1d1370eabc256c2db0ee34445eac82cc.jpg

I believe my first was 1976 or 1977 (actually, my older brother's, but i read it to death) and I feel like silver age prices went up a lot between those from the 1975 guide you're showing and whichever one I was looking at.

OTOH, I remember at my first convention in 1977 or so I was able to buy a bunch of beat to heck early Hulks (5 or 6 I think), Dardevils (5) and things of that nature for like $1 each or less.