• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time shipping question

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals,

Apologize if this is in the wrong thread,first day here. I am looking to submit 4-5 "modern" tier comics. I go through the process of adding each to my cart,but then when I select shipping it is charging me 14$ for each comic. Is this normal? Is there a way to ship them all in one shot instead of paying 14$ per comic? Thanks so much for any help you guys can offer!!

-Craig

CGC's shipping charges are high as giraffe horns, but we all know that going in, and if selling the comics after grading, you know to bake that cost into the asking price. Otherwise, bend over and think happy thoughts.

lol

-slym

On 4/17/2020 at 1:41 PM, Avi said:

You must have done something with the tier or values. Im not seeing that problem when I tried it just now.

image.thumb.png.c88d2927859647e8957f3f5cdfc63528.png

So im not sure what you mean by the tier? When I add each individual comic to my cart,it makes me add them one at a time and then select a shipping (FedEx,USPS,Etc) before it adds each to the cart. For example: I add Amazing Spiderman,have to select FedEx, then i add Batman,have to select FedEx again. And then in my cart it shows 19$ for each comic,then 14$ shipping for EACH comic. I tried calling CGC to no avail. 

15 minutes ago, CraigOliver2213 said:

So im not sure what you mean by the tier? When I add each individual comic to my cart,it makes me add them one at a time and then select a shipping (FedEx,USPS,Etc) before it adds each to the cart. For example: I add Amazing Spiderman,have to select FedEx, then i add Batman,have to select FedEx again. And then in my cart it shows 19$ for each comic,then 14$ shipping for EACH comic. I tried calling CGC to no avail. 

Here is an example of the tiers.

image.thumb.png.75e10609441f7f3ba2dbcddc4ecfec83.png

In your example you picked modern, which is the correct option if your books were printed between 1975- present and you want them insured for $200 or less each.

You can pick different tiers based on how soon you want the book, age of the book and declared value.

Edited by Avi

13 minutes ago, Avi said:

Here is an example of the tiers.

image.thumb.png.75e10609441f7f3ba2dbcddc4ecfec83.png

In your example you picked modern, which is the correct option if your books were printed between 1975- present and you want them insured for $200 or less each.

You can pick different tiers based on how soon you want the book, age of the book and declared value.

Thanks so much Avi! I figured out my error haha. Once I went to check out I saw that it only charged the 16$ for shipping total, not per book. Thanks for all your help