• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC know a printing error?

8 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, JordanMPitts said:

Well I meant that is what it looks like.  And was curious if anyone had seen this before? 

It looks like distribution ink.

It all depends on how much of it is on the book. I've seen books still get a 9.6 with a small amount of distro ink. From what I can see, it looks pretty minor on your copy. Is there any more other than what you've shown?  

It might depend a bit on the grade.  The lower the grade otherwise, the less significant The impact of your defect.

as others have stated, not exactly a ‘printing error’ in the comic grading sense.

but it’s probably worth submitting either way, so does it matter?  Will it influence your decision making?

1 hour ago, JordanMPitts said:

I don’t have any other photos. But yeah it’ll matter to be bc the amount I spent on it. Haha, it looks great besides that. There a small spine tick but that’s about all.. 

It will of course matter in general, but does it affect your decision to grade?  Aren’t you getting it graded either way?