• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this baby for me....Tales To Astonish #38 First egghead

14 posts in this topic

Anywhere from an 8.0 to a 9.2 because mostly of what I can't see. Looks very nice, how is the spine? (Image a bit unclear?) Guide is $278 for a VF, so if it's better, and it might be, $250.00 doesn't sound too bad. But, from what I understand it's getting tough to sell a VF these days for guide because everyone either wants NM or reading copies. confused.gif

>>>this is what my friend sent me..........its not my pic..........if I turn it rightside up the scan will get smaller so I left it sideways! <<<

I think you're referring to Internet Explorer's habit of resizing JPEG images to fit the screen. If you mouse over the pic, you should see a box appear in the lower right hand corner of the image with arrows pointing to the four corners. Clicking on that box will expand the image to its original size.

If you don't see it, you might need a more current version of Internet Explorer.

Well then you got a gift on the grade, this book you posted has spine stress. Looks a little dull, there's a corner mark crease in the BRC, and it looks like the LRC isn't sitting flat either. Lower bindery corner is blunted, it looks like the top 2 corners could be slightly rounded. Not to mention there's a whole back cover to grade.

Brian

To be honest the scan (more likely a camera image) is not useful. A LOT of barrell distortion and some major color shifts to magenta - and not enough detail really to see. Could be anything within 3 or so full grades. Need better scans. I would not hazard a grade. (my apologies).

Im hearing you guys .........its hard with the low res.........the book should be coming to me in a couple of days then Ill post my own pics which are pretty decent in 2-3 megapixels I dont have a scanner so I gotta make due.........thanks to all smile.gif

by the way murph which book are you talking about? the FF or the TTA