• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to CGC I've got questions

6 posts in this topic

Answers

1. Shipping cost

Depends 

2. What does CGC charge for pressing comics 

Depends

3. Cost to grade a comic,i found the list confusing

Depends

4 is it paper or online invoice

You can call or email CGC directly too. There are too many options to list them all here again considering its already online.

Also Cgc has customer service representatives 

Though I don’t know how available they are during these interesting times

All fees (short of shipping) are listed on the CGC page.  Generally, you first need to determine a rough estimate for what your book is worth.  That determines whether it's a Value/Economy/Standard/Express book.  If it happens to be under $200 and is more recent, then it'll fall under Modern.  The reason for doing this is because that's basically the insured value should something happen to your book while in the care of CGC.  Similarly, if you're submitting a book signed/witnessed by a CGC rep, then you would select the table for CGC Signature Series.  And if you want to know how much pressing costs, then that's the table for CCS.

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc/

Shipping is separate and that table is located on the form itself (which someone has posted elsewhere).

22 hours ago, Stammerhammen said:

Questions

1. Shipping cost 

2. What does CGC charge for pressing comics 

3. Cost to grade a comic,i found the list confusing

4 is it paper or online invoice

Thanks

You'll fit right in here.

1) Weight, distance, selected service

2) What era? CGC don't press comics. An 'independent affiliate' does that. Plenty of pressing people on these boards.

3) What era, estimated value, time of service (fast or slow)

4) Either

What books are you subbing?

Show us some pics. We like pics of comics on here. There is even a section if you want someone else to grade them for you. We may as well, seeing as were doing everything else for you.

Come on dude!

All this is on their website or just email them!

Welcome to these fine boards - it's Friday!

@kav