• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman

93 posts in this topic

I will leave the final word to Pope Benedict XVI:

"It is deplorable that homosexual persons have been and are the object of violent malice in speech or in action. Such treatment deserves condemnation from the church's pastors wherever it occurs... The intrinsic dignity of each person must always be respected in work, in action and in law. "

I agree with The Pontiff.

...You're a high school wrestling coach huh?...how's that working for you?... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"It is deplorable that homosexual persons have been and are the object of violent malice in speech or in action. Such treatment deserves condemnation from the church's pastors wherever it occurs... The intrinsic dignity of each person must always be respected in work, in action and in law. "

...You're a high school wrestling coach huh?...how's that working for you?... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What are you asking 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...nothing,...just thinking out loud,....

so you are going to come on here, make a post that seems to make assumptions about me and then, when i ask you what exactly did you mean, you say nothing. Man, thats bs and you know it. Either expand on what you are meaning or stfu. One or the other, i dont really care.

How's that closet?

SO WHO HERE IS GAY?????

See...thats the real problem isnt it. Such a taboo subject that if you are gay, you are to afraid to admit it even to a comic book board....and yet if you are straight and you go post in the Babe Test thread, no one thinks anything of it.

Truly sad....

who beats their wife????

See...thats the real problem isnt it. Such a taboo subject that if you are a wifebeater, you are to afraid to admit it even to a comic book board....and yet if you aren't and you go post in the Babe Test thread, no one thinks anything of it.

asking people to talk about things in their personal life that they choose not to was the analogy. And judging them for NOT talking about it. I picked something that is also kept a secret. Not a perfect analogy, but... I thought youd get it.

MY point is the problem lies in a society where it is far more acceptable to do a BABE test post with all the finest woman in the world, than to even mention your gay. Neither of which really belong on this board, btw...

yeah. I agree, so Im puzzled why you asking people to come out on the Boards ? If anyone wants to they will. If it comes up, they will. Frankly, to 'come out" out of the blue would be 'weird', like someone blurting out a total non-sequitor. But if we ever get around to a serious discussion of a gay-themed comix story, I am sure whoever IS gay here would argue it truthfully from that perspective. In fact I think I remember such a discussion a while ago.

but, you know, Id be surprised if there WERE more than a handful of gay posters here to begin with. Its a DC/Marvel Superhero chat board. Not a very promising pickup zone I wouldnt think!

no.

it's plausible that a "gay gene" would be the same as a "sickle-cell anemia" gene, in that one may be a carrier for it, but in order to pass it on to children, both parents have to be carriers.

i think a "gay gene" makes sense from a logical standpoint. it's like, oh i dunno, red hair, or green eyes, or any other of a myriad of characteristics that appear in a small minority of the population.

Huh? confused.gif I fail to see how those are at all comparable. Recessive traits like red hair or green eyes put no one at a disadvantage reproductively. Even sickle cell anemia isn't a serious reproduction disadvantage. On the other hand, I can't think of a more serious barrier to passing on one's genes than an exclusively homosexual orientation, freely exercised. (except perhaps for highly fatal childhood diseases) confused-smiley-013.gif

Not saying it's wrong, just saying I can't imagine genetics being the sole determinant here. Seems to be a HUGE natural selection disadvantage.

albinism doesn't confer a reproductive advantage either. why wouldn't albinism be weeded out, especially since often an albino animal lives a much shorter lifespan than other animals with normal pigmentation?

there are many types of genetic discrepencies which confer no specific reproductive advantage. perhaps homosexuality is Nature's way of controlling population growth

How's that closet?

wtf? how is that called for, even in jest?

...and back to your comparison and point, that negligible population here ties in with the Babe Test thread.... Comics and hot women go together well I guess. Even thought comics panels are filled with tight spandex covered muscle bound guys too.

I wasnt asking people to come out..I was simply trying to make a point that because of the taboo, people are reluctant to say they are gay even here... although if they mention their girlfriend or wife in a post its barely even noticed....

Besides, this post shouldve been stopped when the term "Fruit" was posted...

yeah. That was low point to be sure. I find it more surprising that people can feel free to make a post like THAT betraying a personal bias, than I am about someone posting details of their personal life in a place where they will be faced with 99% rejection or indifference.

How's that closet?

wtf? how is that called for, even in jest?

Hey Sal before you rush to his rescue maybe you should read the comments he made to Arex first. mad.gif See above. makepoint.gif